Intern Human Resources
The HR Intern will be responsible for learning and understanding the various aspects of the human resources function by assisting those functions in executing assigned tasks. In addition, the Intern will be assigned projects that they will be responsible for completing, from assignment, design, execution, and follow up.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Perform administrative tasks as assigned by various members of the HR department.
2. Assist in the creation and storing of job files for open positions.
3. Assist payroll with duties as assigned, including help with auditing and filing.
4. Assist benefits with leave tracking and aggregating usage data.
5. Work with department leaders on the execution and implementation of assigned projects.
Education, Knowledge, and Experience:
• Freshman through graduate level course work at an accredited college/university with a major in Business, Management, Human Resources or similar discipline; An academic grade point average of 3.0 or better on a 4 point scale for the most recent academic session (quarter/semester)
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
• Knowledgeable in all Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook software applications