Graphic Design Internship
We are looking for a smart, creative, and energetic interns to join our studio for our SPRING 2014 Internship Program. Our clients are primarily in the wedding, hospitality, event & fashion industries, so a LOVE of pretty pictures and fun content is a must! These are 3-4-month, unpaid internships. School credit is preferred but not a requirement. Paid freelance work upon completion of the internship will definitely be considered for qualified candidates. Think this could be you? then please read below for all the details…
You will work on a variety of design projects (identity, print and mostly web) with an emphasis on marketing to help build a brand. I am looking for strong concepts, good typography, a strong understanding of the web, good use of grids and color, and appropriate styles for respective projects. There should be some thought behind your work. You will get hands-on experience how a design studio works, including various stages of projects from concept to completion along with participating in office duties in our creative shop. This position is a great opportunity for someone to learn the ins and outs of running a professional design business in a casual work environment.
Skills you’ll utilize and learn:
• research and concepting
• creation of mood boards and photoshop templates
• file organization
• print collateral design
• website wireframes & design
• designing email & promotional materials
• creation of fashion lookbooks
• web & print production
• Portfolio of design work that includes web, print, and identity projects
• DEMONSTRATED PROFICIENCY in PHOTOSHOP (masking, brushes, layers) a must!!! Illustrator, and InDesign also requires proficiency
• Understanding of HTML is a plus
• Proactive & good at multi-tasking. Efficient!
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Available to work 15-20 hours per week
• On-site intern given top priority but the right candidate will be considered if remote
• Ideally a design student but also not a steadfast requirement
Interested? Please send your resume and portfolio (please link to your website and/or client work) to email@example.com. Please list “DESIGN INTERN” in your subject line and mention why you’d like to work at Spitfiregirl.
** LOOKING TO FILL BY MARCH 14, 2014 **