Editorial (blog) intern
EDITORIAL DESIGN INTERN
We have lots of ideas for our blog and social media channels, but little time to implement them! We are looking for an organized and creative writer who is interested in penning unique point of view posts, loves finding great photography or artwork to visually support it (and credits accordingly) and knows their way around WordPress.
“Working with Heidi as her editorial intern was one of the highlights of my college career. I was able to combine my passions of blogging and design, and gained practical experience that I will carry with me throughout my career. I had the opportunity to intern for three companies in college, and I can say that without a doubt that I got the most out of my time with Spitfiregirl. It was a dream come true for me!” ~ Taylor, Editorial Intern
Skills you’ll utilize and learn:
• research and content curation
• Article writing
• content organization
• creating a blogging schedule
• coordinate with our content providers
• creation of mood boards and photoshop templates or designs to support blog topics
• SEO optimization (training provided)
• Implementation of content into wordpress blog and social media channels (twitter, facebook, pinterest)
• A strong writer with a fun, witty personality
• DEMONSTRATED PROFICIENCY in PHOTOSHOP (masking, brushes, layers) a must – a good design aesthetic is required
• Proactive & good at multi-tasking. Efficient!
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Currently maintains your own blog (or can demonstrate proficiency in the above)
• Experience with twitter, pinterest and Facebook
• Proficiency in WordPress
• Interest in (proficiency ideal) Search Engine Optimization and blog writing
• Available to work up to 10 hours per week – a blog schedule will be utilized
• Available for skype (or phone) calls and emails
• This position can and likely will be remote!
INTERNSHIP START DATE: LATE OCTOBER / EARLY NOVEMBER
We will let all candidates know we have received your information, and reply back in more detail to those we are interested in interviewing.
Thanks and good luck!
Interested? Please send your resume and personal blog to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please list “EDITORIAL INTERN” in your subject line and mention your top 5 favorite blogs and why you’d like to write for Spitfiregirl.