Retail First - Team Detroit
Note: Located in Denver
JOB TITLE: Intern Copywriter
REPORTS TO: Associate Creative Director or appropriate leadership
PRIMARY FUNCTION / POSITION SUMMARY:
The Intern Copywriter is responsible for creating innovative concepts and translating them into finished copy for direct mail, print and collateral material under the supervision of an ACD. They work as part of an agency team to achieve the client’s objectives through creative imagery and effective message strategies.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES / PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Conceives and executes advertising (mail, television and/or print) consistent with the agreed-upon strategy.
• Responsible for original conceptions; for clear, concise, and convincing writing; and for grammatical and material accuracy.
• Under the direction, and with the approval, of the Associate CD, sees work through to its production.
• Participates in and contributes to the new business activities of the agency as assigned.
• Maintain and support all company standards as specified within the Quality Management System.
• Supports/facilitates the mandatory adherence to ISO9001 requirements, processes and procedures.
• Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Strong solid writing and grammar skills.
• Strong leadership, communication and team building skills.
• Knowledge of related Mac word processing/layout programs.
• Ability to work productively and harmoniously as a teammate with the ADs and Producers who share responsibility on a given product or service.
• Knowledgeable on current effective direct marketing methods, forms of execution, technologies and techniques.
• Ability to present ideas effectively.
• Ability to talk about your work internally.
• Create and execute your ideas in an efficient, organized way.
• Capable of working on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Outstanding command of the English language.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
• Have physical and mental requirements to meet the above listed job responsibilities.
• Ability to commit at least 35 hours a week.
• Internship runs through December 2013.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.