Open Media Foundation
Public Relations/Marketing Intern
The Open Media Foundation (OMF) is seeking a public relations intern to assist staff with communication outreach efforts. The Open Media Foundation is a cutting edge nonprofit organization that works to empower citizens through media and technology. Use your public relations skills to push the boundaries of the media and make a difference in the community.
Description: The successful applicant will work directly with Open Media Foundation's Art Director to complete necessary PR tasks. Please note that this internship position is very autonomous. There is not a PR staff member at OMF for an intern to shadow, so you will be paving the way for OMF's public relations needs.
Intern duties include:
* drafting materials for the media, such as news releases and media advisories
* creating and updating media lists
* monitoring media content and compiling reports
* contributing to PR action plans for events and publicizing the events
* assisting with organizational tours for the press and the public
* updating social media accounts
* additional administrative tasks as needed
Qualifications: We are looking for currently enrolled students majoring in communications, public relations or journalism. Candidates must have excellent writing skills, strong communication and research skills and the ability to multi-task. Bi-lingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to those with previous PR experience.
Fill out the online application at http://openmediafoundation.org/omf-internship-application