Open Media Foundation
Public Relations Intern
The Open Media Foundation (OMF) is seeking a public relations intern to assist staff with communication outreach efforts. The Open Media Foundation is a cutting edge nonprofit organization that works to empower citizens through media and technology. Use your public relations skills to push the boundaries of the media and make a difference in the community.
The successful applicant will work directly with Open Media Foundation's Art Director to complete necessary PR tasks. Please note that this internship position is very autonomous. There is not a PR staff member at OMF for an intern to shadow, so you will be paving the way for OMF's public relations needs.
Intern duties include:
* drafting materials for the media, such as news releases and media advisories
* creating and updating media lists
* monitoring media content and compiling reports
* contributing to PR action plans for events and publicizing the events
* assisting with organizational tours for the press and the public
* updating social media accounts
* additional administrative tasks as needed
We are looking for currently enrolled students majoring in communications, public relations or journalism. Candidates must have excellent writing skills, strong communication and research skills and the ability to multi-task. Bi-lingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to those with previous PR experience.
To apply, please complete the online PR Internship Application (http://openmediafoundation.org/pr-internship-application), and be sure to upload your cover letter and resume within this form. If selected for an interview, please bring a printed copy of this portfolio as well as a copy of your resume.
If you have questions, email: firstname.lastname@example.org