National Sports Center for the Disabled
Special Events Intern
This position assists with all aspects of special events, including fundraising functions and auction coordination. Assists with the preparation of proposals for contributions and follow-up correspondence, acts as auction liaison, and serves as a liaison for the NSCD when coordinating special events.
Reports to: Special Event Supervisor/Marketing Director
General Supervision: 1-10 Volunteers
1. Assist with the marketing efforts of TreadFest and Fans on the Field.
2. Assist with the coordination of the Rookie Run at Fans on the Field.
3. Assist with the NSCD Booth at the Winter Park Beer Festival.
1. Assists with the solicitation of corporate and local in-kind sponsorship opportunities for the Fans on the Field.
2. Assist in providing excellent customer service to guests and sponsors by providing a great experience with true hospitality.
1. Assists with auction solicitation for the Sports Authority Hal O’Leary Golf Classic.
2. Assists with Silent Auction activity during the Sports Authority Hal O’Leary Golf Classic. Assists with auction set-up and take down.
1. Assists with research for the marketing department.
2. Assists with NSCD public relations
3. Performs all other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Required:
College level courses in business, journalism, recreational therapy, liberal arts or public relations or equivalent.
• Possess mature and professional attitude in executing job requirements.
• Knowledge of basic computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 preferred)
• Experience working with individuals with a disability.
• Strong verbal skills relating to communication.
• Able to concentrate and perform job duties while working under noisy, busy conditions.
• General public relations and marketing experience.
• Position requires walking, standing and sitting for long periods of time without break during the conduct of special events
• Must be able to lift and carry light loads (5-30 lbs.) for short distances (approximately two blocks).
• Must be able to use standard phone system and use a normal keyboard and computer screen.
• Must be capable of hearing ordinary conversations.
• Vision sufficient or adaptive capabilities to read printed, handwritten, typed and computer generated material.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com