Mile High United Way
Marketing & Communications Intern
Summary of Assignment:
Intern will be responsible for assisting various individuals in the marketing department. Duties will include, but are not limited to, event assistance, communications assistance to include writing, coordination with photographers and impact partners, research assistance, assistance with media packets. Additionally, intern will be involved in assisting the marketing department with work around the Women’s Leadership Luncheon, Turkey Trot, Holiday Party and Champions event.
Specific Tasks to be Accomplished:
• Event assistance (on-site event assistance, assistance with name tag and table tent production, assistance in events communications and other tasks as needed etc.)
• Marketing research assistance: researching stories, stats, and other necessary information.
• Assistance writing communications for website to include stories and blurbs.
• Assistance with social media to include postings and monitoring.
• Assistance with developing and writing stories for The Weekly Way.
• Assistance with media relations events – putting together press packets, event logistics, etc.
• Experience or academic background in public relations, marketing or advertising
• Attention to detail
• Knowledge of social issues related to the work of Mile High United Way
• Graphic Design experience or InDesign knowledge preferred
• Second language preferred (writes, read, speak)
• Strong verbal and written communications skills
• Enjoys fast paced environment
• Can be flexible moving from one project to the next
• A team player
• Can handle high levels of stress or pressure
• Takes initiative and is not afraid to express ideas
Term of Assignment:
January –May 2014.
Submit a resume and cover letter to Resumes@UnitedWayDenver.org with Marketing & Communications Intern as the subject line. Please include where you saw the job posting and how you became aware of the opening. For additional information on Mile High United Way, please visit www.UnitedWayDenver.org