Mile High Business Alliance
Social Butterfly (Marketing Intern)
At the Mile High Business Alliance our mission is to build a more connected, resilient, and healthy local economy (check us out here www.milehighbiz.org).
Our programs and activities all serve one primary purpose: to strengthen the relationships within our community to nurture a better economy. We connect local businesses to one another, to their neighbors, and to resources to help them thrive.
We are looking for a great intern to help us market our awesome programs and activities.
As our Social Butterfly Intern your responsibilities will include but aren’t limited to:
• Building Mile High Business Alliance's social media connections on Facebook and Twitter
• Posting meaningful content online, including photos, cross-posts and other MHBA media to spread the conversation for localism
• Proofreading collateral materials for programs such as Eat Local First
• Participating in Marketing Committee conversations to build more effective relationships via media tools
• Assist with business development and marketing strategy
• Research, write and edit social content for the website
• Working with the Marketing Team to tell the stories of MHBA in an inspiring way
You will have the opportunity to connect local businesses with the community and tell their stories as well as our impact via social media! Enjoy working with a dedicated and talented staff who are passionate about the local economy, and support our efforts to make this commitment visible in the community. This is an excellent opportunity for students pursuing a career in marketing.
A successful intern will:
• Enjoy working with people. You'll be working closely with our team and may be interacting with our member businesses and other community partners
• Be able to self-manage your time and resources to accomplish goals. We'll provide monthly goals, weekly team meetings, and other supportive structures, but this is not a micro-managed organization
• Communicate clearly and effectively through written and verbal means. This includes using communication technology and writing communications related to the program. You must conduct yourself in a professional matter at all times while representing MHBA.
• Speaking of culture, you must enjoy the slightly-hectic but always-fulfilling dynamics of a bootstrapping, entrepreneurial organization. We’re focused on relationship building and providing value first, and we seek opportunities for growth and learning. If you’re looking for a bunch of stressed-out MBA’s and a policy manual 5 inches thick, you should keep looking.
• Be comfortable using office technology and software, especially web-based applications.
• Have adequate transportation within the Denver-metro area and be able to attend events outside normal office hours. And finally,
• Be passionate about local businesses. You must be on board for our mission and willing to educate yourself quickly about local businesses, the local economy, and our programs and activities.