Knowledge Management Intern
Established in 1982, iDE is an international non-profit organization dedicated to creating income and livelihood opportunities for poor rural households (www.ideorg.org). With more than 30 years of experience and programs in 11 countries worldwide, iDE designs and introduces market-based solutions to tackle agricultural and WASH development challenges around the world.
Approaches to water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) challenges globally are not addressing many of the critical factors needed to achieve lasting impact. iDE’s Global WASH team designs solutions around user’s needs, desires, and constraints. We focus on developing affordable and aspirational products/services, combine them with profitable business models, and introduce them to the local private sector. Our goal is to create sustainable businesses that can meet the WASH needs of rural populations and we believe this approach can help eliminate diarrheal related illness and disease in our lifetime.
iDE is seeking a qualified, capable and hard-working individual to work at the headquarters office in Denver, Colorado as an unpaid Knowledge Management Intern. In this role, you will support the WASH Knowledge Manager to facilitate knowledge sharing internally and externally.
• Enthusiastic with a sincere interest in the goals of the organization
• Open-minded, self-reliant, and excited about being part of a fast-paced, start-up environment
• Advanced writing, editing and formatting skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication capabilities
• Experience conducting Internet research and completing data entry
• Skilled in MS Office (required) and Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop (desired)
• Comfortable multi-tasking
• BA/MA in international development, management, or marketing (preferred)
• Ability to work a consistent schedule in the office
• Minimum 6 month time commitment preferred
• Provide graphic and layout support for thematic print marketing materials
• Support the Knowledge Manager to establish and grow the internal WASH communities of practice
• Identify opportunities for greater organizational learning, evidence base building, and thought leadership.
• Create external knowledge products that promote iDE’s Global WASH efforts throughout the sector
• Complete web and database research
• Support WASH related business development activities as requested by the Knowledge Manager
• Digitize/organize project documents
• Data entry as requested
• Attend speaking engagements and conferences
• Other duties as assigned.
Blake McKinlay, Global WASH Knowledge Manager
Interested applicants should submit their CV, cover letter, and a writing/marketing sample to email@example.com. The position is open until filled.