The Great Online
Digital Marketing Internship
Get Your Foot In the Door of the Digital Marketing Industry.
Digital Marketing Internship Program at The Great Online
About The Great Online:
The Great Online, LLC is a dynamic and fast growing Digital Marketing company that is based in Denver, Colorado. The Great Online provides leading edge services in Digital Marketing – Search Engine Optimization, Social Media Marketing, PPC, Email Marketing, Mobile Marketing, Online Directory Mgmt., Public Relations and Website Design.
We are committed to providing interns with the opportunity to make significant contributions to a fast-growing company within the exciting digital marketing industry.
This is not a typical internship comprised of busy-work and small task assignments. The Great Online interns will participate in team meetings to gain valuable experience in business operations and have the opportunity to contribute ideas.
The internship will include training on most of the basics of online marketing services and client relations. By the end of the three-month commitment, interns will have a strong knowledge of digital marketing and will have gained key experience overseeing specific projects.
Interns will be given ongoing tasks and projects at a pre-determined, weekly meeting. Each task will be given a due date or timeline for completion. Interns will primarily report to one member of The Great Online’s Service Delivery Team, but may report to different members of the team based on the specific assignment.
The projects will be created to make use of the interns’ current skills and knowledge, as well as areas in which they’d like to gain experience.
Interns will be asked for a minimum three-month commitment, for 15-20 hours per week. Interns can create their own schedule based on classes, for work between 8 am-6 pm. Interns are able to work remotely, with periodic, face-to-face meetings.
If the Intern cannot fulfill the three-month term, a two-week notice is requested. Interns will be given first priority for applications when paid positions become available.
The internship is unpaid, but we hope to focus on building incredible experience to help you get jobs with us or with other agencies in the future.
We are able to work with school programs in order to help you gain school credit for the internships. We hope that the level of practical work experience attained will make this a valuable learning experience. Interns will be given first consideration for any open part-time or full-time position after completion of the internship.
Project and Task Overview
- Learn the essentials of blog and content marketing
- Brainstorm topic ideas and outlines for articles to be assigned to writers
- Post blog articles on clients’ websites; formatting as needed
- Contribute pieces of content for The Great Online blog
- Assist Service Delivery Team in creating monthly newsletter for The Great Online
Social Media Marketing
- Set up new social media profiles
- Write posts for diverse clients’ social media campaigns
- Assist in developing and implementing social media promotion ideas
- Schedule social media posts through management tool (Sendible)
- Run social media reports through Raven Tools and Google Analytics
- Learn the basics of keyword analysis and website optimization
- Assist with SEO efforts to build strong backlink portfolios for clients. Research industry sites, create profiles, submit sites to directories, etc.
- Analyze Google Analytics results to identify SEO opportunities
- Track and update assigned tasks in Google Docs and project management tool (BasecampHQ)
- Provide updates on work completed and ongoing project updates
- Work with Service Delivery Team to ensure all tasks are completed for new clients / assist with new client onboarding process
- Assist managers with daily operation of service delivery and customer relations
- Update client contact information in client management system (Zoho) and Google Docs
- Compile and run reports (utilizing Raven Tools, Google Analytics, and Google Webmaster Tools) for end-of-month client reporting
As our internship programs will incorporate a lot of on-the-job training, we don’t require work experience in our industry, but do look for certain base skills, including:
- Ability to multi-task and learn new programs and processes quickly.
- A self-starter disposition; someone who can communicate new ideas or solutions to the team.
- Good writing skills (edit web content and write basic, original content based on research and personal knowledge).
- Adept at Microsoft Office programs
- Internet savvy
- Acute understanding and use of social media
- A strong interest in digital marketing and media
- In addition to these skills, we are looking for interns that will fit The Great Online culture by demonstrating a high energy level, motivation and keen intellect.
To apply, please respond with a cover letter and resume. Email to:
Digital Marketing Project Manager