Interactive Dev & Design Intern
Do you find yourself right clicking on websites to view the source? Are you interested in design and development? Want to take a crack at learning and working at the same time?
We are looking for someone who has a strong interest in all things web and interactive. Our intern needs an eye for detail and can't be scared to get their hands dirty.
Cactus is looking for an interactive development and design intern. This position will assist the rest of the interactive team in day-to-day tasks and production. They will prep assets, assist in testing and even build a few things. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated individual who is willing to try anything and learn. Passion is also important. You may not be an interactive guru and we don't expect you to be, but we want someone who is genuinely interested in the web and creating things for it; apps, microsites, banners, emails, websites and more. Creativity is a must, as you will be helping concept and execute ideas - big and small.
- Website content entry via WordPress and Drupal CMS
- Support development resources with creation or editing of animated banners
- Support development with simple HTML updates to various websites
- Support design resources with Photoshop file clean up as needed
- Other support tasks as requested
- Basic to intermediate Photoshop skills
- Basic Flash skills (animation)
- Basic HTML and CSS skills
- Self-motivated and strong interest in interactive and web
Cactus is a full-service brand communications agency providing business solutions for companies and causes through brand strategy, advertising, design, interactive and media services. Cactus has been nationally recognized for its break-through creative executions by The One Show, Communication Arts, The Webby Awards, South by Southwest, Favourite Website Awards, Advertising Age, Creativity and Print's Regional Design Annual.
Interested applicants are required to submit their portfolio and complete the questionnaire at this link: http://sharpideasdev.com/dev-intern/