This position will help both the social and interactive departments succeed inside of the agency. S/he will support all digital projects through schedule creation and maintenance, releasing file to publications and general project management activities. In addition, S/he will play an active role in the monitoring, evaluation, execution and strategic planning of owned and earned efforts for both Cactus and agency clients. S/he will work closely with all the departments at Cactus to develop integrated strategy and owned/earned media tactics including PR, digital, mobile, blogs, forums and all social media platforms. The intern will have the opportunity to actively participate in the creation of campaigns from start to finish, gaining exposure to all agency roles and processes.
- Supporting the interactive producer and director of social media on an as needed basis
- Coordinating departments through each phase of the campaign process
- Supports the associate producer and director of social media with content population tasks and testing
- Participate in quality assurance testing of developed websites, emails, apps, social channels, etc.
- Works with company project planning tools and co-workers to ensure projects are staying on their assigned timelines
- Ensures that all content has passed through the proper approval processes
- Assists with collecting assets for website and social channel population
- Play an active role in the monitoring, evaluation, execution and strategic planning of social media efforts for both Cactus and agency clients
- Actively participate in the creation of campaigns from start to finish
- Knowledge and basic understanding of web technologies
- Visual aesthetic skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Able to tactically organize and structure activities and tasks, paying particular attention to detail
- Excellent collaboration, interpersonal and communication skills with ability to build productive relationships
- Excellent written and verbal English communications skills
- Able to effectively manage time and prioritize projects in order to meet established deadlines
- Demonstrate basic Apple computer knowledge through effective use of a personal computer. Able to learn company specific applications
- Able to work and communicate effectively with all levels of co-workers, clients, and other external contacts especially our media planners, buyers and vendors
Education: College junior, senior or recent grad, some related experience, coursework or club Involvement
- Ability to execute changes to Photoshop files and HTML content as well as content within the various content management systems (CMS) such as - Wordpress or Drupal.
- Ability to provide analysis of website traffic analytics and statistical reports to monitor trends and goals.
- Solid copywritting skills which would allow us to leverage your creative skills in writing for the digital space.
Cactus is a full-service brand communications agency providing business solutions for companies and causes through brand strategy, advertising, design, interactive and media services. Cactus has been nationally recognized for its break-through creative executions by The One Show, Communication Arts, The Webby Awards, South by Southwest, Favourite Website Awards, Advertising Age, Creativity and Print's Regional Design Annual.
This internship is designed for college juniors or seniors or recent grads. Our internships are unpaid and potential candidates can receive academic course credit from their college/university for program completion. We ask for a minimum of 20 hours per week but prefer full time.
Resumes will be accepted only along with a completed survey, which can be accessed here: http://www.sharpideasdev.com/digital-intern
Please no phone calls or emails.