Account Planning Internship
Account Planning Internship, Cactus
Address: 2128 15th Street
Location: Denver, CO
Application Deadline: August 27, 2012
Position: Part-Time, Unpaid (College Credit)
Timeframe: September – December (Dates Flexible)
Account Planning Intern: Advertising Agency
Do you like figuring out what makes people tick? Are you an eager observer of culture and consumer behavior? Do you like discovering trends and insights through data and research? Are you a creative thinker, with a passion for learning? If so, we should talk.
Position Summary: Account planners combine research and strategic thinking to bring the consumer into the advertising process. The account planning intern plays an active, important role in the account planning department. S/he will work closely with all the departments at Cactus to develop rock solid insights and integrated advertising campaigns for a variety of state, national and international clients. The account planning intern will have the opportunity to actively participate in the creation of an advertising campaign from start to finish, gaining exposure to all agency roles and processes.
Research for existing clients, draft consumer trend reports, assist in primary research, develop insights for campaigns and new business pitches, help with the crafting of campaign creative briefs and a variety of other projects assigned. Some responsibilities are flexible and can be revised based on intern interest in specific areas of study or career goals.
This internship is designed for students or graduates interested in building a portfolio of account planning work in order to obtain an entry-level position as an account planner. Our internships are unpaid and potential candidates can receive academic course credit from their college/university for program completion. We ask for a minimum of 20 hours per week. Cactus is proud to have a history of hiring interns into full time positions. Education: College junior, senior or recent grad, some related experience, coursework or club involvement.
Cactus is a full-service brand communications agency providing business solutions for companies and causes through brand strategy, advertising, design, interactive and media services. Cactus has been nationally recognized for its break-through creative executions by The One Show, Communication Arts, The Webby Awards, South by Southwest, Favourite Website Awards, Advertising Age, Creativity and Print's Regional Design Annual.
We just want to get to know you, that’s all. Please take time to thoughtfully answer the following seven questions. Remember: Good things, when short, are twice as good.
1. What is it about Account Planning that interests you?
2. In one paragraph, describe a cultural trend that interests you and how it impacts a specific consumer target (i.e. Affluents, Families, Gen Y, Tweens, Suburban Moms).
3. Describe the work environment that helps you thrive. Maybe you do your best work late at night with a laptop on the floor, early in the morning with a focused group, or maybe with a partner and a notepad in a loud coffee shop.
4. If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
5. What do you hope to learn during your internship?
6. What days/times during the week are you available to intern at Cactus? (A minimum of 20 hours a week are required)
7. Are you interning for school credit and if so, what are the requirements?
8. Are you interested in the opportunity to complete a 3-month internship, or a 6-month internship? Why?
Interested applicants are required to submit a copy of a current resume and a completed questionnaire in a PDF format. Please email your information to email@example.com and include ACCOUNT PLANNING INTERN in the subject line. NOTE: We do not review applications until AFTER the application deadline of August 27th. A candidate will be selected and notified no later than August 31st.