Web Design Intern
This is a intern role which will suit a future graduate or developer looking to enhance skills, expand portfolio and gain agency exposure. The role will comprise primarily of authoring static HTML5/CSS3 templates for use in content management systems (Wordpress) and email blasts. Other duties to include populating content into websites, image manipulation and assisting in minor site adjustments as required by the Sr. Web Developer.
Skills & Experience:
• Technically competent with a strong understanding of how websites work. Able to use a variety of technologies and languages including:
◦ HTML / CSS (Good / Expert)
◦ PHP – Procedural code (Good / Beginner)
◦ Photoshop/Illustrator/Fireworks (Slicing designs) (Good / Expert)
◦ Experience using @font-face/Cufón
• An eye for detail and a dedication to making your code pixel perfect.
• Able to work in a fast paced environment across multiple projects.
• A basic knowledge of developing sites on CMSs like Drupal or WordPress (Not required, but would be a bonus).
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Undertake general development duties when required
◦ "Slice & Dice" designs into HTML/CSS from Illustrator/Fireworks/Photoshop files.
◦ Uploading and publishing content to Wordpress sites.
◦ Creating or reworking master pages and layouts based on provided designs and wireframes.
• Perform other project tasks in support of your manager.
This is a part-time internship (approximately 20 hours/week) at $12-15/hr DoE. This opportunity has excellent growth potential.
To Apply visit http://www.brandiron.net/intern-test and follow the directions.