The ideal candidate for the SEO Intern position is passionate about online marketing. He or she enjoys writing and can produce articles in a timely manner. This person is accurate, precise, detailed, logical, systematic, and can meet all deadlines. This person has creative writing skills and is able to translate that creativity into article. He or she is often looked at as someone who’s passionate about online content writing, specifically for SEO.
The SEO Intern will work with the Online Marketing Team to best serve clients’ online marketing needs. This person will be required to write, edit and optimize online content in accordance with SEO best practices. This person will help with the implementation of link building campaigns in coordination with client SEO goals. He or she will be required to stay informed/educated on the latest SEO best practices, and impart that knowledge to team and client base.
Key Measures for Success:
1) This person is always seen as a great follower of directions. He/she very often only needs to be asked once to get the task done.
2) Team members and clients always feel fully supported in their SEO projects due to this person’s efforts.
3) This person’s content is always high quality, engaging and attracts backlinks and/or social shares.
4) This person has outstanding ability to think creatively, and identify and resolve problems.
• Work with online marketing and client relations team to plan and execute SEO projects
• Assist in writing, editing and optimizing website content in accordance with SEO best practices
• Help to create and publish blog posts, articles and other online content
• Keep up-to-date with SEO, search engine, and internet marketing industry trends and developments
• Help to brainstorm link building campaign and content/blog ideas
• Research link prospects
• Assist in implementing link building campaigns in coordination with client SEO goals
• Reach out to and build relationships with other websites
• Passionate about marketing and advertising with a desire for advancement
• Strong copywriting skills with the ability to write in a variety of styles and tones
• Extremely professional and clear in all written and verbal communications
• Ability to work within a team atmosphere, as well as work independently
• Outstanding ability to think creatively, and identify and resolve problems
• Self-motivated, detail-oriented and eager to learn about SEO
• Highly organized and able to manage multiple projects at once in a fast-paced work environment
• Experience with SEO is a big plus
• Experience with Content Management Systems such as WordPress is a plus
Expected Hours: 15-20 hrs/wk with flex time between the hours of 8:00 and 5:00.
Compensation: This is an unpaid intern position. Available for school credit.
Next Steps: Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com by May 24, 2013.