Reports to: Molly Watkins, Client Services Lead
Support the day-to-day operations of a quickly growing marketing business. Learn and grow with the business in order to become an insightful contributor to all things that make the business tick. Assist in the many facets of a marketing agency, including brand development, support of account coordination team, copywriting. The ideal candidate for this position is accurate, precise, detailed, logical, and systematic. He/she is very good at following instructions, and handles tasks and projects with ease and efficiency in a self-empowered way.
Key Measures for Success include:
1. Details are rarely missed thanks to this person’s strong organization skills and ability to handle many different tasks throughout the day.
2. Clients and teammates regularly comment on what a good writer this person is, and how organized and detailed he/she is in managing his/her time and deadlines.
3. This person is always seen as a great follower of directions. He/she very often only needs to be asked once to get the task done.
Duties and Responsibilities may include:
• Assist in brand development by:
o Participating in brand study kickoff calls/meetings
o Creating online surveys
o Formatting survey data
o Completing competitor research
o Helping to develop brand messaging unique to each client
o Participating in internal mood board and marketing plan meetings
o Attending survey results, brand messaging, mood board and marketing plan presentations
• Support account coordination team in new business development by:
o Writing client proposals
o Entering new clients into company system
• Assist in copywriting duties, such as but not limited to:
o Client and company newsletters, brochures, websites, mailers, testimonials, social media posts, blog posts,
o Proofread all materials thoroughly and in accordance with proper proofing procedure
• Help in finding valuable content such as:
o Articles or resources that our clients would find helpful
o Content for Big Buzz’s and clients’ social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
• Conduct necessary background research for speaking engagements by researching online articles, webinars, videos, and blog entries, etc., and compiling them into one complete document
Able to demonstrate true interest in marketing and branding. Have a strong track record for attention to detail and accurate proofreading. Be dedicated to excellent service and open communication. Able to think creatively and work independently. Be absolutely dedicated to meeting all project deadlines. Punctuality is a must. Be adaptable to new changes and new ideas. Proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook (Mac/Apple familiarity a plus).
Expected Hours: 15-20 hrs/wk with flex time between the hours of 8:00 and 5:00.
Compensation: This is an unpaid intern position. Eligible for school credit.
Next Steps: Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com by July 15, 2013.