Big Buzz Brands
Content Coordinator Intern
Department: Client Services Team
Reports to: Molly Watkins, Client Services Lead
The ideal candidate for the Content Coordinator Intern position is passionate about online content. He/she enjoys writing and can produce articles in a timely manner. This person is accurate, precise, detailed, logical, systematic, and can meet all deadlines. Additionally, this person is communicative, friendly and has a focus on people and on building relationships. This person has creative writing skills and is able to translate that creativity into online content such as social media posts and blog entries. He/she is often seen as someone who is passionate about online content writing, specifically for SEO and social media.
Key Measures for Success include:
1. Clients and teammates regularly comment on what a good writer this person is; this person’s content is always high quality and engaging, and attracts backlinks and/or social likes, comments and/or shares.
2. Team members and clients always feel fully supported in their online marketing and social media efforts due to this person’s efforts.
3. This person is always seen as a great follower of directions. He/she very often only needs to be asked once to get the task done.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Collaborate with online marketing and client services teams to plan and execute online marketing and social media projects
• Write, edit and optimize website content in accordance with SEO best practices
• Update Big Buzz’s and clients’ social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
• Create and publish blog posts, articles and other online content
• Generate and execute editorial calendars for company’s and clients’ social media accounts
• Keep up-to-date with online marketing best practices
• Assist in copywriting duties, such as but not limited to:
o Client and company newsletters, brochures, websites, mailers, testimonials, social media posts, press releases
o Proofread all materials thoroughly and in accordance with proper proofing procedure
Able to demonstrate true interest in marketing and branding. Strong copywriting skills with the ability to write in a variety of styles and tones. Extremely professional and clear in all written and verbal communications. Ability to work within a team atmosphere, as well as work independently. Self-motivated, detail-oriented and eager to learn about SEO and social media. Be absolutely dedicated to meeting all project deadlines. Punctuality is a must. Be adaptable to new changes and new ideas. Proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook. Experience using WordPress is a plus.
Expected Hours: 20 hrs/wk with flex time between the hours of 8:00 and 5:00.
This is an unpaid 3-month intern position. Eligible for school credit.
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 1, 2013.