Account Manager is a senior position that represents the agency as primary contact for assigned clients and is responsible for managing client requests from start to finish with little direction from anyone really...and in some cases little direction from the client. The position is expected to consistently provide superior service to accounts, as well as represent client needs and goals within the organization to ensure quality. Finally, this position should build and maintain strong, personal relationships with clients to encourage new and repeat business opportunities.
- BA/BS degree required. We don't care what it's in. If you managed to get a
degree that's good enough for us. However, if you have a Masters (ooooh,
fancy), don't tell us, we think they might be overrated.
- 5-7 years of professional agency experience or related field experience in
marketing. This does not include that sales jobs that you had at your Uncle's
furniture store right out of college or saying you were the Social Media
Director when really you were an intern that posted stuff on Facebook for your
college - these are actual example we've recently received. On this one, we
will be sticklers. We need high level here.
- Keep creative team(s) happy.
- Responsible for all client communications.
- Develop and monitor plan for major deliverables (i.e. marketing plan, strategic
briefs, etc.) to ensure client expectations are met in a proactive manner.
- Proactively works with the client to offer solutions rather than waiting for a
- Owns estimating and invoicing for new work for an existing client as well as
tracking payments and profitability.
- Works closely with the creative team(s) in order to maintain a continuous
knowledge of project status in order to identify potential issues and/or
opportunities within or related to the project.
- Manages internal and external resources appropriately to ensure client
projects are completed on time and on budget.
- Ensures that all processes and procedures are completed, quality standards
- Identifies opportunities for account growth and new business, involving the
Agency Owners as needed.
- Provides regular two-way communication between the client and team, to
provide strong team representation and set proper client expectations.
- Understanding of company capabilities and service, and effectively
communicates all offerings to the client.
We're way more fun than the boring Job Description above depicts....but HR tells us we have to clearly communicate the position to find the most qualified candidates, blah, blah, blah.
Please send your resume to email@example.com.
Please do not call the Xuma offices and ask for Fey. You'll be screened.
Please do not pop into the Xuma offices to hand deliver your resume. Are they still telling applicants to do that? Don't.
Please do not apply if you can't follow the simple steps above, as that would mean you are sooooo not qualified for this particular job, but you'd probably make a great Copywriter or Art Director.