Graphic Designer/Production Assistant
Join the publishers of the most respected, independent print magazine in the orthotics and prosthetics professional community. We are looking for a part-time (30 hours a week/6 hours per day with additional hours on busy weeks) organized, detail-oriented, deadline-driven production assistant, primarily performing magazine production work with some creative project work as needed. If you have excellent communication, design, and execution skills, we want to hear from you.
Candidates must be able to prioritize multiple tasks and work well under deadlines. Must be equally comfortable working independently and as a member of the design team.
Responsibilities of the position include:
• Magazine page layout as assigned.
• Check and preflight ads as they come in.
• Correct and format logos and images for print and online.
• Assist with special design projects and develop marketing materials, etc.
• Administrative tasks as assigned.
• Participate in weekly editorial and production meetings and other company meetings as needed.
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign CS6, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat.
• Proficiency in Mac platform.
• Strong knowledge of professional file preparation including pre-press packaging, and color management for both print and web usage.
• Creative design ability as well as an attention to detail.
• Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field preferred.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be able to work in a small office environment and be able to handle both minute tasks and large projects.
• Ability to balance several projects and prioritize appropriately.
We are a small company with an informal, casual, team-oriented work environment. This position is based in Northglenn, Colorado. This is not a freelance or telecommuting position. This position requires you to be in the office every day.
Please submit a cover letter, resumé, and work samples or a link to your online portfolio. Hourly rate $16-18, based on experience. 401k plan available.
Please submit a cover letter, resumé, and work samples or a link to your online portfolio to:
Hourly rate $16-18, based on experience. 401k plan available.