Water For People
We are looking for a creative guru to join the Marketing team at our Denver Headquarters. As a Graphic Designer you will create/design/orchestrate/produce/direct all of our print and digital marketing materials.
Water For People is working hard to end the water poverty crisis in our lifetime. We believe everyone should have access to water forever. We are out to change the world! Come join us.
• You’ll provide graphic design services for: materials for donors, supporters, events, campaigns, website design and mobile app interface design
• You’ll constantly evolve the graphic system and visual language used in the Water For People brand to keep our design new and innovative
• You’ll challenge conventional thought with new design and ideas on how to visually portray Water For People’s vision of the water crisis and how we are solving this problem
• Serve as the creative lead on projects assigned to you
• Design creative assets, storyboards for video/onscreen animations and ads (print and web)
• Coordinate with different teams internally and externally to develop strong design solutions in a timely manner
• Coordinate and design contractors for projects as needed.
• A strong portfolio displaying a wide variety of print, web and graphic design work;
• Expert knowledge and understanding of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign (knowledge of HTML/CSS a plus)
• 3+ years of professional design experience
• Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
• Data Asset Management experience (we use the Extensis program)
• Should have strong presentation skills, ability to analyze visual and verbal content of creative materials.
KEY PROFESSIONAL QUALITIES:
• High level of attention to detail, self-motivated, and a collaborative team player with staff across the organization (even with non-design minded people), with the confidence to take the lead and guide other departments when necessary
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to brainstorm, contribute ideas, be solutions driven and collaborate
• Task-oriented with an excellent sense of priority, logic and objectivity, highly organized and capable of handling numerous projects concurrently and meet tight deadlines
• Flexibility: Here at Water For People, we are moving fast and things change at the drop of a hat, so you have to be willing to change directions in an instant
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
CONTACT & FURTHER INFORMATION:
This posting will be open until 5:00pm on Monday, June 3, 2013.
To apply for the position of Graphic Designer, please send a resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Graphic Designer’ in the subject line. Please include a cover letter which introduces you and provides insights into both your experiences and how you are the ideal candidate for this position. Also, make sure to provide your salary requirements. Please no phone calls or in person inquiries.
This is a full time, exempt position with a comprehensive benefits package. Salary is competitive and commensurate with level of experience.
Other great perks of working at our cool, new office space, which is located at 1-25 and Broadway, Gates Complex:
• We are right off of a light rail stop
• Food Trucks outside the office daily
• Dog Friendly Workplace
• Rugged International travel is a possibility
We are a handful of people out to change the world and we can’t do it alone!
For more information about Water For People, please visit our website at www.waterforpeople.org.