Communications & Content Specialist
VISIT DENVER is seeking a full-time employee for the Communications & Content Specialist to provide support to the communications team through extensive writing of PR and marketing materials for a variety of media, creating strategic and relevant social media content and assisting in creation of material for visiting media as well as media hosting.
The essential duties/responsibilities of the position include:
• Responsible for creation of content and written communications including, but not limited to: print publications, press releases, newsletters, website articles and advertorials. Proofreads copy for spelling and grammar, making appropriate changes. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy as well as ensuring inclusion of Bureau partners and key marketing windows.
• Plan and primary contributor to VISIT DENVER’s social media content and strategy, including written posts, photos and videos. Responsible to research and then develop or source content for postings
• Maintain department editorial calendar and lead monthly editorial meetings
• Develop and track story concepts for various print and electronic publications including special programs such as Denver Arts Week, Denver Beer Fest and Denver Restaurant Week
• Create itineraries as needed for Denver-bound members of the media under the direction of Associate Director; staff media familiarization (FAM) trips as necessary
• Conduct various research projects as directed
• Support efforts for accuracy of department databases
• Prepare and distribute various weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual internal and external reports within established deadlines as directed.
• Handle media material distribution requests as directed
• Coordinate with outside individuals and offices as directed, i.e. Denver Mayor’s Office, Colorado Governor’s Office, Colorado Tourism Office
• Attend special events, including travel writer receptions and other non-bureau organized functions as required, including media previews, press conferences, etc.
A four-year degree in a relevant field of study is preferred but additional relevant experience which is equivalent in learning may be considered in the absence of a four-year degree. The qualified candidate must possess a minimum of 2 -3 years of PR experience in the travel or tourism industry. Some journalism background is preferred.
Knowledge and Skills required include:
• Proficient technology application skills; Advanced MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Access), MS Outlook and Internet Explorer skills.
• Excellent command of the English language, oral and written
• Understanding of social media
• Basic Photoshop and HTML is preferred
• Photography skills and basic video editing skills are a plus
• Effective interpersonal skills, maturity, good judgment and capable of communicating in a professional manner with a diverse range of individuals
• Efficient and proven organizational skills; ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects/responsibilities simultaneously while meeting stringent deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Resourceful problem solving and follow up skills
• Attend industry conference as requested
• Minimal travel may be necessary
• Proactive; solid analytical skills; detail oriented
• Reliable, dependable, flexible and responsive; must be available to work outside normal business hours as required
Qualified candidates should submit resume for consideration.