University of Denver
Junior Art Director
Junior Art Director
Statement of Responsibility
The incumbent will work under the supervision of the Senior User Experience Designer and will lend his/her considerable creativity, design skills and energy towards web, print and environmental applications including CMS driven websites, logos and mobile/adaptive online designs, typically under tight deadlines. The incumbent will clearly demonstrate the ability to define and analyze complex problems and make sound decisions independently and/or under minimal supervision, as well as the ability to anticipate the needs of the project/department and show proactive leadership in planning to meet specified goals and deadlines. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required, as well as flexibility and the ability to adapt to quickly changing priorities along with a commitment to the highest standards of journalism, marketing and public relations.
Specific duties include but are not limited to
• Creating designs for CMS web templates and one-off web sites
• Designing print ads, web banners, signage, and banners
• Production work on print and digital assets
• Working within a CMS and WordPress to create and update web pages
• Excellent written and spoken English language skills and the ability to communicate clearly in oral and written form;
• Positive outlook and professional demeanor;
• Ability to operate standard office equipment such as computer, calculator, phone, printer, copier and fax required;
• Solid competency with Microsoft Office products, including Excel and Word;
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment;
• Commitment to Administration priorities;
• Ability to be flexible with assignments and multiple priorities;
• Good at building relationships and strengthening ties across multiple departments;
• Ability to travel to other buildings on campus on a regular basis.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Demonstrated career success, with supporting design portfolio. A minimum of 2 years’ experience in graphic and web design;
2. Bachelor’s degree in Design or a related field;
3. Demonstrated ability to collaborate with peers, subordinates, and senior leaders in achieving objectives;
4. Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite 5.5, a strong understanding of CSS3, HTML 5, adaptive web design, usability principles and mobile strategies;
5. Proficiency with social media programs and WordPress;
6. Track record of success in a highly matrixed environment with multiple constituents; able to integrate thinking across divergent points of view;
1. Ability to generate creative ideas and also lead execution of these ideas;
1. Creative design skills and a meticulous attention to detail.
If you have an interest in this position and possess the skills and qualifications required, please apply online at https://performancemanager4.successfactors.com/career?company=DU
The University of Denver ranks among premiere institutions of higher learning, and is the oldest independent university in the Rocky Mountain region. Founded in 1864, the University provides a diverse mix of liberal arts and professional programs, graduate studies, as well as associated schools and centers.
With a well-crafted vision and strong values that promote a private university dedicated to the public good, the University embodies the "Pioneer Spirit" of valuing curiosity and intellectual freedom while respecting differences and diversity. The student body is comprised of approximately 12,000 undergraduate and graduate students who populate a campus located close to Downtown Denver. Since its founding, DU has played an integral role in the cultural, social, economic and educational life of Denver. Beyond its local contribution, the University is known nationally and internationally for preparing students to blaze trails in government, business, education, healthcare, sports, law, and the arts--wherever there is a need for principled leadership, critical assessment and creative thinking. The Carnegie Foundation classifies DU as a Doctoral/Research University with high research activity.
Vision: The University of Denver will be a great private university dedicated to the public good.
Values: In all that we do, we strive for excellence, innovation, engagement, integrity and inclusiveness.
Mission: The mission of the University of Denver is to promote learning by engaging with students in advancing scholarly inquiry, cultivating critical and creative thought and generating knowledge. Our active partnerships with local and global communities contribute to a sustainable common good.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LBGT community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
To apply for this position, you must apply through our online jobs website at www.dujobs.org.