Treehouse Brand Stores
Treehouse Brand Stores is the leading white label ecommerce solution for the video game industry. We build and manage the official online stores for clients that include EA, Microsoft, Bethesda, and Sqaure Enix. We are looking for an Art Director with experience in apparel and accessories design and development along with a strong understanding of the video game industry. They will lead design and development of new products across all of our stores working with both our in-house design team as well as managing freelance designers. They must be focused on detail oriented design to make sure the products we produce are stylistically consistent and accurate with our client’s IPs. The right candidate is a talented designer with experience in apparel, building and managing a team of artists, who is ambitious and passionate about design and understands the world of video games.
It's very much a people-oriented job, involving development of high-level concepts for design projects. Managing a complex calendar across multiple product categories and multiple stores. It involves a large emphasis on team building, working with internal and external teams, interaction with our clients, and understanding their needs. We are a fast growing, hardworking, and fun start-up and a leader in our space.
We are looking for: Great attitude, strong work ethic, excellent communication skills, a strong portfolio, and experience building and managing a team of artists.
The Art Director job is based in our Denver office. Re-location is available.
• Lead creative sessions for project kick-offs
• Manage multiple projects from concept through completion
• Develop creative programs and design concepts that meet the business objectives of the organization and that advance our brand strategy
• Supervise, inspire and lead the creative team in the successful creation and production of design solutions
• Work with the internal teams to develop concepts and present to clients
• Manages many internal details of assigned projects, including finding and/or choosing photographers, working and coordinating with Production and Account staff
• Degree in Graphic Arts or related field and equivalent visual design and management experience required
• At least 4 years management experience
• A strong working knowledge of product development for apparel and consumer goods
• Ability to lead projects from concept to completion and work with our account managers, production department, and marketing team.
• Expert in Adobe Creative Suite
• Proficient in both Windows and Mac OS platforms
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
• Capability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments