Corporate Communications Manager
Strategic, Visionary, Thoughtful, Creative, Energetic, Engaged, Engaging, Approachable, Accurate, Collaborative—is this you?
As a key member of the Corporate Communications team, the Manager works with the Senior Manger, Corporate Communications in developing both external and internal communications to assist in strengthening Terumo BCT’s identity and brand reputation through various internal and external communications channels.
The Manager oversees the function area and is involved in a wide range of communications initiatives designed to further build the brand through leadership, the support key business goals, and helping to implement the strategic communications direction for the company. In addition, the Manager is responsible for driving awareness and consistent messaging across multiple channels; this role will entail development and execution of public relations activities, content development for print, video, Web and social media as well as implementing strategies to amplifying our internal communications program.
This is a high-visibility position, providing the opportunity to work within all aspects of an integrated communications strategy, as well as all levels of associates. The Manager should be well spoken with strong presentation skills and a high level of comfort being in front of audiences of varying sizes.
We are looking for an energetic, highly skilled self-starter who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. Someone who has a proven track record of planning and preparing written communication material, key messages, scripts, announcements and executive statements. Someone with the ability to be fast, accurate and thoughtful who can recognizing the potential bigger picture and what is needed to be the most effective in terms of reaching a variety of audiences. Someone who is a creative problem solver with the ability to take an idea, the size of a grain of sand, and blow it out in to an idea that becomes a well thought-out plan that brings their idea to life in ways that they never thought possible, within agreed upon budget guidelines and acceptable business practices.
• Potential to manage one or more communication team members
• Conceptualize, development and execute on a variety of internal and external communications projects that support the strategic and operating goals of the business
• Partner and support corporate marketing and communications leaders throughout the company to create external and internal communications
• Provides strategy, tactical planning, and delivery of relevant, consistent and timely communications to engage a wide variety of stakeholders to advance the goals and priorities of the business
• Conduct communication planning sessions across the business
• Develop content for a wide variety of communications vehicles, including electronic and print publications, the intranet, video, PowerPoint and social media tools
• Identify relevant communications and engagement opportunities, and evaluate their effectiveness; apply standards that promote continuity and consistency across the organization's communications practices
• Contributes to creating programming that helps facilitate culture change, inspires and educates associates, and drives engagement and business results
• Balances local communication needs with broader global organization programs and initiatives
• Provide sound advice and effective communications planning; create and deliver the right messages to the right audiences in the right way at the right time
• Monitors quality control of all documents produced from the CMC team
• Responsible for actively searching stories of interest
• Researches and writes copy for materials such as announcements, FAQs and presentations
• Develops content for newsletters, brochures, posters and other materials
• Measures results and develops recommendations to improve the effectiveness of communications programs and tools
• Analyzes, interprets, and complies with government rules and regulations
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s degree or, equivalent of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job may be considered.
• Degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, or Communications preferred.
• Proven ability to manage and grow teams
• 5+ years of progressively responsible communications experience, including direct experience working with senior leaders in support of their communications requirements
• Demonstrated expertise in public and media relations
• Creative problem solver with superior ability to conceptualize Corporate and technical concepts
• Expert PowerPoint skills with a solid understanding of fundamental graphics design concepts; Ability to complement PowerPoint with other programs for presentation or graphics development a plus
• Must possess the graphic design, critical thinking and communication skills necessary to help develop and translate storyboarded ideas into concrete visual and word metaphors
• Exceptional project management skills and a demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment, handling multiple assignments from conception to completion on deadline and on budget
• Strong written communication skills with the proven capability to write for a variety of formats, including speaker notes, video scripts, executive speeches, message hierarchies, press releases, etc..
• Excellent interpersonal and verbal communications skills; Must be comfortable and effective interacting with senior executives
• Demonstrate an understanding of global cultures and be able to create integrated Corporate communications within this context
• Ability to manage confidential information and sensitive situations
• Extraordinary attention to detail is critical
• Experience with video production a plus
• Familiarity with social media concepts and tools a plus
• Understanding of events management a plus
• Working knowledge of AP Style.
• Requires outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a deadline-driven environment
• Exceptional presentation skills and a high level of comfort communicating with a variety of audiences
• Organization and flexibility are key; drive for results and a high-energy, "roll-up-your-sleeves" attitude and commitment to success are imperative
• Demonstrated skills as writer/editor with knowledge to work with a wide range of communications vehicles, including video, Webcasts, PowerPoint, social media tools and electronic publications
• Proficiency in the following software: Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
• Ability to successfully communicate with a broad spectrum of audiences including associates, management, vendors, business partners, and community groups to reinforce company values and goals and good working relationships
• Good listening skills
• Demonstrated commitment to ongoing learning and professional development
• Skilled flexibility in reacting quickly to quick-changing and ever-changing environment and ability to balance several projects at once
• Planning acumen to meet deadlines
• Able to work independently to complete tasks
• Accurate proofreading
• Fast learner with ability to understand sometimes complex medical terminology and procedures
• Ability to use judgment and discretion in communications, including the maintaining of confidentiality in oral and written communication
Typical Office Environment requirements include: reading, speaking, hearing, close vision, walking, bending, sitting, and occasional lifting up to 20 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
For more information about Terumo BCT, visit our website www.terumobct.com/careers.
Join Terumo BCT as we unlock the potential of blood. We are the world leader in blood component technology, delivering products, services and solutions for customers and their patients worldwide. Through collaboration with our customers and a commitment to innovation, we are the only company with the unique combination of apheresis, manual and automated whole blood processing and pathogen reduction technologies coupled with robust technology, innovation and core competencies in therapeutic apheresis, cell collections and cell processing.
As the largest medical device manufacturing company headquartered in Colorado we operate in 120 countries with more than 2,600 associates around the world.
Our company has been voted and recognized as a:
• Top five world-class training organization by Training and Development Magazine (2011 & 2012)
Our award-winning culture embraces:
• Leading technology through innovation and R&D
• Wellness programs
• Commitment to quality
• An environment that values and respects your individual contributions
• A philosophy of intentional growth
Each associate has a positive impact on our future by:
• Connecting to the lives of the patients we ultimately serve
• Growing through professional and leadership development activities
• Sharing company success through incentive plans
If you are the best at what you do, we invite you to work with us now!