Entry Level Marketing Assistant
JOB SUMMARY: Entry Level position in growing fashion retail environment under general guidance of the Marketing Director will be responsible for providing a full range of services to support the marketing department. Ideal candidates are extremely excited to be part of a fun and growing local fashion retail company to gain a broad range of experience. Applicant is extremely detail oriented and enjoys both working with excel spreadsheets and engaging with customers. Must have strong work ethic, ability to work flexibly within a dynamic environment of ever changing projects and a team player who can work closely and considerately with others.
The position reports directly to the Marketing Director and works closely with the Art Director. The position will also support the Buying Department, Operations Department and Sales Floor during specific high volume times.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Execute digital readiness for all company emails using online software programs
• Support SOL's Marketing Team execute in-store events
• Update monthly spreadsheets and marketing calendar
• Work with Marketing Director and Social Media and SEO consultants to fulfill social media and online web advertising strategies
• Create mail merges and print, stuff, stamp and mail a variety of customer correspondence and promotional programs.
• Assist sales associates with customer correspondence
• Coordinate any marketing materials needed for 3rd party gift bag requests
DIGITAL INVENTORY MANAGEMENT
• Input UPC codes and Purchase Orders for store and web products accurately and efficiently
• Learn proprietary web software to activate web products including writing product descriptions & uploading photos activating and de-activating product
• Manage online scheduling software and work closely with Department Managers to update schedule
• Maintain entire staffs productivity hours, vacation requests and sick days in the productivity calendar
• Update and print company Training Manual as needed
• Organize and archive all printed copies of Direct Mail, Advertising and PR pieces
• Document steps and procedures for various projects
• Available to assist the sales floor as needed on trained tasks (hostess, re-stock inventory, ring sales, answer phones), particularly during sale times
% OF TIME ALLOCATION
• 30% Marketing
• 30% Digital Inventory Management
• 20% Administrative
• 20% Customer Service
• Extremely detail-oriented.
• People person who loves engaging with customers.
• Well organized, multi-tasks, is a self-starter and has strong communication skills.
• Strives for work excellence and is dependable and reliable.
• Has a strong work ethic, sense of urgency; highly motivated.
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS:
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, and Outlook.
• High computer literacy and comfort necessary to quickly learn proprietary software programs
• Must have excellent communication skills – written and verbal.
• Must have strong interpersonal skills and possess strong time-management skills.
• 4 year degree in Marketing or Fashion & Merchandising related field
• Normal business hours are Monday – Saturday 9:45am – 6:00pm. Working Saturdays is expected with a day off during the week.
• Will be required to work additional hours as needed during seasonal sales.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
• Starting salary: $30K.
• Full time salaried position with health care, vacation and store discount.
Send your resume to email@example.com