Society for Mining Metallurgy and Exploration
The position of Media Manager is defined by two distinct areas:
Production: The media manager is responsible for the planning, coordination and control of staff and resources used during prepress, printing, mailing, circulation, distribution and online posting processes for each print and online issue of three periodical publications, ensuring that magazines and online content are produced efficiently, with high quality and meet established revenue and cost projections.
Responsibilities included in the day-to-day position, for both print and online content, involve project management; staff and vendor relations; scheduling and deadlines coordination; material trafficking; quality control and technical specification;, layout, pagination and proof approvals; filing, posting and archiving of content; inventory control; print order generation; distribution and circulation; trade show and event distribution; postal and legal compliance; marketing and branding; quotes, purchasing and budgeting; customer service; problem resolution; staff liaison.
Advertising: The media manager is responsible for the planning, coordination and control of SME staff and resources used to build revenues and ROI programs and processes for each issue of one monthly publication and two quarterly publications, ensuring that media is produced to advertiser expectations and standards and meets established revenue and cost projections.
Responsibilities included in the day-to-day position, for both print and online content, involve project management; direct supervision of six contract sales personnel; revenue, ROI, costs and budgets; advertising program content, rates, and offers; client retention and new business strategies; media guide and promotional materials; sales and material closes and schedules; advertising quotes, bids, proposals and contracts; input of orders, account information, billing and commissions; trade event barters and relations; revenue and traffic reporting; branding and media placement promotions; customer service; ad material and proof trafficking; online products and services; competitive activity and account review; quality control and customer satisfaction.
• Bachelor's degree required and 10-15 years prepress and printing experience in both print and online, as well as experience in advertising and marketing, within a publishing or advertising company, with at least two years previous management experience
• Proven business management skills and experience
• Demonstrated leadership in project management
• Strong knowledge of web and sheet fed print production four color process for publications and collateral material: prepress, production, printing and distribution of print and online products
• Knowledge of postal regulations
• Strong skills in planning, scheduling, organization, documentation, project management
• Strong attention to detail and operational workflow dynamics
• Ability to multi-task and utilize resources to execute tasks within a deadline oriented environment
• Excellent communication and negotiating skills
• Commitment to continuous process improvement initiatives and ability to solve problems creatively
• Highly motivated and high level of initiative; inspires confidence to work independently and in support of department goals and business objectives
• Ability to build relationships and work across a multi-product line organization
• Strong analytics and computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Adobe Suite)
The Society for Mining, Metallurgy, and Exploration (SME) is the premier professional society for the worldwide mining and minerals community with over 14,000 members. Located in Englewood, Colorado near Centennial Airport, SME is the world’s leading provider of mineral industry technical information and networking opportunities through meetings, conferences and exhibits, and the publishing of books and magazines for the industry. A staff of 46 enjoys benefits including health, dental and life insurance, paid vacation and holidays, and a generous 401-K plan. For more information about SME, please visit our website: www.smenet.org
Please Email resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org