Smashburger is seeking a Graphic Designer in its Denver Headquarters. This person will play a critical role in shaping the look and feel of this brand, and will be responsible for creative development of marketing materials including menus, in-store promotional materials, and grand opening materials. In addition, this person will execute creative versions of external media, working with outside agency partners. Finally, this role will also support other functions within Smashburger, such as training, franchise support, and restaurant design.
While most of this role is print creative, this creative does need to apply to web sites and social media outlets. While not a requirement, it would be helpful to also have experience with web design to manage the updates of the web site.
This person will have the day-to-day contact with other members of our marketing team, specifically our production manager, as well as our print production agency, merchandising agency, and creative agency.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Creative development of marketing materials
o Manage the creative for all restaurant menus
Support price increases, product changes and graphic updates for all printed and digital menus
Provide recommendations on new layouts, new designs, and new formats
Ensure menus are completed in time for all new restaurants openings
Ensure all files digital menu board files are up to date
o Creative development of in-store promotions and grand opening materials
Support quarterly in-store marketing initiatives with POP
Work directly with marketing managers on both printed and digital materials
o Execute creative versions of external media, like direct mail, OOH, strip ads, and other print pieces.
Work directly with production manager to traffic media
o Support other functions within Smashburger, such as training, franchise support, and restaurant design.
• Manage the updates of the web site.
o Develop graphics and layouts for quarterly features and other updates
o Opportunity to lead and or participate in online ordering website update and brand website updates
• General marketing responsibilities
o Create production ready art-files
o Manage printers to ensure budget and brand is maintained
o Proofread to ensure work accurate and high-quality
o Align with restaurant design on new in-store materials, like signage and displays especially at the front counter, table tops, and beverage stations.
o Ensure all materials – printed and digital - follow creative theme
o Assist in the development and execution in 2014 marketing objectives
o Interact with other members of our marketing team, specifically our production manager, as well as our print production agency, merchandising agency, and creative agency.
Assist in identifying a new merchandising agency
o Update print production web site, including the development of new materials
o Identify innovations in printed materials
Qualifications and Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or related area
• 1-2+ years of related experience with an agency or graphic design environment (a plus if within the restaurant industry)
• Proficient with InDesign, Illustrator and PhotoShop. Knowledge of Flash a plus.
• Open mind and artistic creativity, with the ability to be technical.
• Attention to detail.
• Knowledge of the printing process.
• Organized, with the ability to manage numerous projects, creative files, tight turnaround times, revisions and technical challenges effectively.
• Team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Can- do attitude and strong work ethic.
• Ability to work iteratively with marketing team on creative executions.
• Ability to work independently and to help drive the creative process.
1) Submit your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Resume submission: Graphic Designer"
2) Fill out an application at: https://www.pfrsolutions.com/WDS3/Default.aspx?linkcode=390EF0A352787014.... Please select "Corporate support - Marketing" from the drop-down list.