Front End Developer
rabble+rouser is seeking a highly talented front end web developer to join our team. In this role you would be working closely with developers and designers to help us reach the edge of innovation and create beautiful and unique web experiences across a wide range of projects.
• Work within a team to produce solid web experiences that work across desktop and mobile browsers
• Be able to extrapolate design concepts across a site and creating new templates based on a style guide and existing design elements
• Ability to translate desktop design into a responsive layout that works across desktop and mobile browsers
• Use latest technologies to help tell client stories in a forward thinking way
• Help inform standards and best practices for front end development
• Testing cross-browser, cross-platform, and/or cross-device compatibility for inconsistencies
• Expert level of HTML and CSS syntax for multiple specifications, including HTML5 and CSS3
• Expertise with the semantic markup for display of lists, tabular data, forms, articles, etc
• Media queries used to specify different CSS for various media, devices and displays including but not limited to responsive design.
• Best practices in CSS file organization and structure.
• Familiarity with a CSS preprocessor such as Sass or LESS
• Methods for degrading gracefully for older browsers and displays
• Expertise in browser performance optimization, including mobile
• Familiarity with development and debugging tools for cross-browser issues
• Understanding of OOP
• Version control with Git
• Familiarity with the LAMP stack
• Understanding how to utilize PHP to filter, process and output html, json, xml
• Knowledge of how to apply logical operators and conditional statements
• A firm grasp of SEO / SEM best practices
Who rabble is:
rabble+rouser is a brand communications agency with a soft spot for content. From ad campaigns to mobile apps to old-school printed materials, we focus on creating
communications that tell the brand story how and where it needs to be told. We’ve been around since mid-2005 and have many great clients, including Weber, Atkins, Omaha Steaks, Colorado Department of Health and Environment, and the National MS Society. We’ve got a very talented team of people creating award-winning work and we are going gangbusters.
Our agency culture is built on a foundation of trust, respect, and responsibility. We believe that our best work comes through collaboration with each other, our clients, and agency partners. We believe in hard work, but we’re not a sweatshop and don’t plan on being one. We like each other, we like our clients, and are looking for a like minded, positive Front End Developer to join us.
Where to sign up:
If you would like to throw your hat into the ring for this position, please send us your resume and salary requirements by replying to this posting or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send your resume and examples of work to email@example.com