VP of Marketing
About Placewise Media
Placewise Media operates the largest digital and mobile network of mall shoppers in America. The network is connected through an integrated content-marketing platform leveraged by shopping centers, retailers and advertisers. The platform reaches hyper-local shoppers with on line, social, local and mobile (SoLoMo) platforms, giving advertisers a one-stop, integrated ad-buy to reach consumers throughout the shopping experience from planning to purchase. Malls and retailers use Placewise Media to engage their shoppers with shopper-customized content and touch points. Privately-held and based in Denver, Placewise has serviced the retail industry with interactive marketing services since 1997. Visit Placewise Media at http://www.Placewise.com.
Placewise seeks a leader who will serve as VP of Marketing, reporting to the CEO. Proven track record in traditional, experiential, social and viral media campaigns. Preferred experience integrating campaigns across platforms and media, along with extensive, hands-on and managerial experience. This role requires passion, vision and an education that is developed only by rolling up your sleeves and “getting in the trenches” with their team. This is a leader who understands what we mean when we say we need someone who is a visionary but also a doer-who has the drive and commitment to create an integrated marketing and public relations plan that leads directly to an ROI.
The environment is fast-paced and the goals are demanding, but we have a friendly and supportive team that’s excited to succeed. This is a challenging position that offers the right person an opportunity to contribute to the changing face of digital media for the retail industry. If you are an independent, entrepreneurial leader with a strong ROI in marketing, we want to hear from you!
• Develop a digital marketing strategy and lead generation machine that supports the organization’s aggressive growth targets and the sales team’s outbound calls
• Direction/Management of the Shoptopia and Placewise Media brands
• Direction/Management of all marketing communications and PR
• Shoptopia shopper market launch including;
-new shopper acquisition programs
-shopper stimulation programs
-shopper rewards programs
• Participation in the direction/management of Shoptopia content and programming
• Foster the brand in people’s mind that is authentic, unique, and engaging to our audience unlike any other in the industry
• 10 years experience with a brand, agency and/or platform provider
• Strategic thinker: You have to bring strategic framework for developing marketing strategies to achieve our goals
• You are a clear communicator who can create marketing messages and content that are powerful and on-brand
• Strong analytical skills to measure results as well as draw insightful conclusions
• Proven skills in lead generation, brand building and developing communities
• Proven digital marketing and social media whiz with competency across PR, events and supporting a sales driven organization
• You are able to adapt to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
• You speak and write clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentations skills and conducts meetings
• Must be a strong cultural fit with the CEO and the members of the organization. It’s a culture that’s passionate, entrepreneurial and values-driven
• Candidate should be currently employed in the above listed categories and be biting at the bit for the next level of responsibility.
Preferred locations, CA or CO, but flexible for key candidate. Extended market choices would be NYC or CHI.
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability. Send your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.