Lead Database Developer
Placewise Media is looking for a Lead Database Developer to join our development team to assist with moving our product, Shoptopia Network, an integrated digital media network built around shopping centers forward.
We are currently seeking a Database Developer. The Database Developer will lead database design, development and maintenance of a large database that consumes structured and unstructured data. The Developer will also take on responsibilities such as performance tuning, optimization, and configuration. The position will also support business intelligence initiatives.
• SQL expert (5+ years of use in day-to-day job duties)
• Hands-on heavy duty ETL experience.
• Design database objects and structures for data storage, retrieval and reporting according to project specifications.
• Implement and test database design and functionality.
• Monitor, troubleshoots and tune databases for performance.
• Develop database logic in the form of procedures, functions and triggers to manage data.
• Create data extract and translation processes to facilitate application migrations and consolidations. Development experience with one or more modern ETL tools is preferred.
• Serve as principle point of contact for new information storage requirements as an embedded resource within application development teams, and act as the principally responsible party for producing both logical and physical designs. Work with technical staff to understand and analyze complex software problems and develop specifications to resolve software defects.
• BE or BS degree in one of the following: Computer Science, Business Administration or IT or related field
• 2-3 years IT operation with strong understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices
• 3-5 years Microsoft SQL Server experience
• Understanding of, and experience with, server-client computing and relational database environments
• Experience with data management and data processing flowcharting techniques
• Knowledge of reporting and query tools and practices
• Good understanding of the organizations goals and objectives
• Good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
• Technical documentation skills
• Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
• Self motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
• Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
-BE or BS degree in one of the following: Computer Science, Business Administration or Information Technology or related field
- Previous roles include managing of development team
- Sick and Holiday time
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
PlaceWise Media operates The Shoptopia NetworkSM, which provides multiplatform digital marketing and advertising services to more than 300 shopping malls in 75 market service areas nationwide, with more than 4 million unique monthly visitors. As a result of extensive experience in the digital retail marketing sector, the company has introduced Shoptopia®, a personalized online, mobile and social media shopping companion enabling shoppers anywhere in the U.S. to find products, information and deals at more than 2 million retail locations. Shoptopia provides marketers a waste-free advertising environment and respects the privacy of shoppers by sending them products, information, deals and coupons based strictly on personal preselected preferences and geo-location. PlaceWise Media is privately held and based in Denver, Colorado.
Please send cover letter with the reasons why you think this might be the right opportunity for you along with your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org