PlaceWise Media Frontend Developer:
PlaceWise Media is looking for a frontend craftsperson to join our team. The right candidate will have experience in SaaS platforms and we prefer skills in both B2B and B2C markets. This newly created role reports directly to the CTO and has a huge opportunity to make a direct impact on PlaceWise Media’s explosive growth. In this role you will move seamlessly between customer facing and internal tools projects and will work alongside our technical team. You will also interact heavily with the marketing team to ensure the creative and brand standards are applied consistently for a seamless customer experience. The right person will have a track record of demonstrating true information architecture and production skills.
What’s a Typical Week Like?
• Huddle up with product and support experts to create an improved way of presenting content to make our customers’ look great and be efficient. Together, we go to the whiteboard and craft a solution.
Juggle between creating engaging and intuitive user interfaces for internal/ external applications and overall platform. Think about a system, not just the user interface.
• As an architect of the user experience, understand both the business goals and the user’s goals. Listen to customers and stakeholders to define the problem before trying to solve it. Apply a pragmatic approach for gathering data and be able to articulate findings to product stakeholders.
• Build clickable prototypes for usability testing.
• Break design problems down into workable chunks. Negotiate speed vs. quality with the team. Can we afford time to sketch all possible outcomes of a scenario? Help find a way to focus scope and deploy an experiment in keeping with our agile development environment.
• Mockup a new feature with one of our product managers. It will be implemented within a week and tested by our internal support teams for feedback before launching to our customers.
• Partner with product and engineering to test new features prior to deploying to production. Discover an unexpected outcome and sit side-by-side to resolve it.
• During the interview process, be able to provide a portfolio that demonstrates taking a project from requirements to interactive prototypes to production.
• At least 5 + years serving as a UXD, IXD, IA or equivalent for interactive web applications
• Expert knowledge of user experience research methodology and techniques
• Extensive knowledge of UI patterns and interactive design principles
• Proven skills for planning and conducting elicitation and elaboration sessions, documenting results and making recommendations
• Comfortable with dynamic constraints, interacting with and handling feedback from non-designer stakeholders
• Ability to communicate your process as well as define and measure success metrics
• Can balance your process in a lean/agile environment
• Produces results independently as well as collaboratively
• Understands the limits and capabilities of web technologies
• Ability to smoothly shift mental gears from concepts to detailed execution
• Proficient with HTML5 and CSS3
• Has worked with any of the major MV* Frameworks (Backbone, Ember, Angular, Knockout, etc.)
• Experience with HTML templating (Jade, Mustache, Handlebars, etc.)
• Experience with CSS Pre-Processors (Sass, Less, Stylus, etc.)
• Works with REST APIs on a daily basis
• Has worked on a single page app.
• Can build pixel perfect sites from PSDs/Mocks
• Has created consumer websites at scale
• Has a personal site (You work on the web, don’t you?)
• Currently has work on display (Live sites or GitHub)
• Understands command line > the mouse
• Familiar with developing on OSX (We are an OSX shop)
• Familiar with Sublimetext | Atom, and iterm2. (We do not use Dreamweaver)
• Regularly attends local user groups
• Believes coding requires constant growth and learning
• Values utilizing open source technologies over home grown approaches
• Independent thinker who is capable of working autonomously
• Drive. Passion. Dedication. Believes bugs need to be solved with more than just bubble gum and duct tape
• Patience. Enjoys rolling up the sleeves and getting hands dirty in technical debt
• Can communicate effectively
• Has worked with a team implementing Ruby on Rails applications, or has built personal projects using the framework
• Familiarity with static site generators such as Jekyll, Middlemen, or Assemble.io
• Experience with CSS frameworks i.e. Foundation 5 and Bootstrap
• Worked in an Agile shop. Familiar with the SCRUM process
• DB Technologies are a bonus such as SQL server, Postgres, MySQL, etc
• Competitive salaries
• A beautiful LoDo office space
• Flexible hours to help you balance your work with your life
• Sick and Holiday time
• Medical, dental and vision coverage
• Dog-friendly office
PlaceWise Media offers Shoptopia®, the nation’s largest shopper marketing network with access to 11 million monthly grocery, fashion and lifestyle shoppers. Shoptopia delivers extended reach to consumers actively shopping on the path to purchase, as well as increased revenue for its partners. As the only purpose-built shopping network, Shoptopia helps shoppers get just what they want, right where they are. Further, Shoptopia helps brands, retailers, deal aggregators and media publishers’ reach these shoppers right when they are ready to buy – online or in-store. For additional information, please visit www.placewise.com.
Send resume along with cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org