On-Air Promotions Video Editor
On-Air Promotions Video Editor – Denver, CO
Outdoor Channel, America’s leader in outdoor TV has an exciting opportunity for an On-Air Promotions Video Editor position in the Denver, CO office.
About Outdoor Channel:
Taking viewers across America and around the world on unparalleled adventures since 1993, Outdoor Channel is America’s Leader In Outdoor TV. Dedicated to the outdoor lifestyle and conservation, the independent cable network is a division of Kroenke Sports & Entertainment, LLC and provides a complete spectrum of riveting hunting, fishing, shooting and adventure entertainment. Outdoor Channel is received by 39.8 million U.S. households – the largest outdoor TV footprint in the country – and is available in more than 50 countries internationally. Outdoor Channel can be viewed in HD and is accessible by broadband and mobile platforms. Follow us on Twitter and on Facebook, and download our iPhone and iPad app.
Outdoor Channel is currently looking for On-Air Promotions editors to join our team in our Denver-area offices. Under general supervision, editors are responsible for producing high-end promotional content by creatively combining scenes from episodes, sound design, audio mixing, video effects and graphics tools to tell compelling stories.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Expertise in operating Adobe Premiere, Abobe Photoshop, After Effects and other professional editing tools and software.
• Editing with layers, matte keys, audio sweetening, graphic creation and production and other effects including 3rd party plug-ins with speed and efficiency
• Must be able to work in a collaborative post production environment with extremely tight and changing deadlines
• Troubleshooting capabilities for media processing and file transfers
• Superior script writing and storytelling capabilities
• Exceptional music and sound effects selection skills using commercial libraries.
• Uncompromising attention to detail.
• Communicates effectively and regularly with other departments including sales, programming, marketing and traffic to develop concepts and ascertain needs.
• Internally routes and traffics elements to all pertinent groups/clients.
• Implements the network’s on-air brand..
• Knowledge of/continuous skill improvement with common editing tools.
• Understands and strives to serve the major business units of the network including but not limited to Advertising Sales, Affiliate Sales, Programming, Marketing and Traffic.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• For Video Editor level - Minimum of three (3) years of promo editing experience at a regional or national cable or broadcast network specializing in non-fictional programming.
• For Video Editor, Sr level - Minimum of five (5) years of promo editing experience at a national cable or broadcast network specializing in promoting non-fictional programming
• For BOTH levels - Required proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Avid Premiere, Avid, Motion, After Effects, Photoshop & Illustrator.Must be knowledgeable with multiple video codecs and formats of video codecs. Must possess skill/experience with FTP sites.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree preferred and/or equivalent training and experience in all of the above programs.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
Internal: Programming, Marketing, Traffic, Ad Sales, Affiliate Sales, Digital, VO Talent,
External: Minimal directors, producers and/or clients
JUDGEMENT/REASONING ABILITY: Ability to recognize discrepancies and resolve problems quickly using sound judgment, poise and diplomacy. Ability to use judgment and reasoning skills, and determine when issues need to be escalated.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Must display excellent communication skills while working with many departments, familiarizing oneself with the style of specific clients/personnel in other departments.
• Must be able to show creativity and good work ethic with moderate to little supervision.
• Must be able to complete multiple tasks and a high quality of work, with tight deadlines.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline driven and constantly changing environment is critical.
• Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines and understand when to escalate potential issues.
• Analytical abilities.
• Must be self-motivated with ability to use own initiative.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; use hands and fingers, bend, stoop and reach with hands and arms.
Ability to lift up to 35 pounds <5% daily
Able to sit at a desk and use/view computer 90% daily
Able to hear and speak into a telephone 60% daily
Able to stand, bend and stoop 20% daily
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The noise in the work environment is usually moderate. Other factors are:
• Ability to travel if needed. Travel is minimal in this position.
• Hectic, fast-paced with multi-level distractions
• Professional, yet casual office work environment
• Ability to work extended hours as required
Required Pre-Hire Screenings:
Criminal - Felony and Misdemeanor 7 Years
National Criminal Data Base 7 Years
Social Security Verification
NDOT Drug Screen
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY. RATE OF PAY IS BASED UPON EXPERIENCE.
Outdoor Channel offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance and 401K.
Outdoor Channel Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact an HR Representative. .
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE AT http://outdoorchannel.com/Employment. ONLY RESUMES SUBMITTED ONLINE THROUGH OUTDOORCHANNEL.COM/EMPLOYMENT WILL BE CONSIDERED.