Osprey Packs, Inc.
Osprey Packs is the leading manufacturer of backpacks and travel gear. We’re located in southwest Colorado nestled in the corner of the rugged San Juan Mountains and on the edge of vast sandstone canyon country. Our mission for the last 39 years has been to create innovative, high-performance gear that reflects our love of adventure and our devotion to the outdoors.
Position reports to the Sr. Graphic Designer
The Photographer/Videographer is an integral part of the Osprey Packs marketing team and is responsible for the majority of photo and video content creation for Osprey Packs.
• Lifestyle photography – Capture appropriate brand imagery needed to support marketing, product and sales efforts; will require travel locally, regionally and nationally.
• Lifestyle video – Convey the Osprey brand story through video for various online platforms.
• Event photography – Attend and visually capture events at which Osprey has a brand presence.
• Create Technical / how-to photography and video assets to support in-line and upcoming seasonal product launches.
• Product photography (secondary responsibility) – shooting detail shots and glory shots when necessary.
This full-time position requires a high level of aesthetic and technical expertise, passion for the Osprey brand, ability for still imagery and video storytelling, love for the outdoors and travel. The job will require demanding location-based shoots as well as studio based photography and production. Expect periodic long days in the studio or traveling, and to be self-disciplined to see the project to its’ completion.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The Osprey Packs Videographer/Photographer will be required to perform the following responsibilities:
• Support studio (product) and brand (action/lifestyle) photography efforts, including post processing and color
• Apply branding direction for consumer and technical videos.
• Work with Sr. Graphic Designer to apply timelines against all projects to ensure all projects are completed by the
• Demonstrated ability to respond to and enhance a creative brief, collaborate with the graphic designer, sr. graphic
designer and the marketing director.
• Physically capable and dependable in an outdoor situation to gain access to remote locations, sometimes in high
elevation scenarios. (see Physical Ability)
• Demonstrated ability to plan, collaborate and shoot photo and video in possible difficult outdoor conditions with
• Basic knowledge of the outdoor industry and brand competitors/image.
• Full working knowledge of complete suite of photo and video equipment and editing/organizational software.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree (B.F.A) from four year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and minimum 3+ years experience working in a professional creative environment. Expert skills with appropriate photo/video software. Basic word processing, spreadsheet and email skills. Ability to work independently and within a team. Ability to work flexible and extended hours in order to complete projects.
Physical Ability--Level III (Active/Outdoor):
The Team Member will be expected to: perform physical activities involving extended periods of time reaching with hands and arms, pulling, walking, standing, bending over, crouching, kneeling, and crawling; lift 40 pounds overhead without assistance; lifting and moving up to 50 pounds in a backpack while traversing changes in terrain and potential exposure to adverse weather conditions; transporting up to 30 pounds of gear in a backpack while riding a bike on various types of terrain; work in an office environment for extended hours of sitting, performing PC and other desk-related functions.
Please visit our website at www.ospreypacks.com/en/web/jobs to review the full position description.
Compensation Range - $55,000-$65,000
• A resumé/portfolio in PDF format and/or a link to an online portfolio of 10-20 photos shot and edited by you.
• Links to up to 3 short videos primarily produced and edited by you.
• In all cases for portfolio submissions, if work was created as a part of a team, please detail your exact
• Professional references.
Deadline for applications
Friday, November 22, 2013