Noodles & Company
As Communications Manager, you will be a key member of the marketing team, helping us develop, communicate and share our brand and helping us shape our strategy and direction. You will have the opportunity to work with a smart, passionate, dynamic and high-energy team with lots of experience. You’ll have your hands in almost everything. We also like to have fun and believe in work/life balance.
• Develop and execute yearly PR goals, strategies and tactics, and see them through implementation
• Collaborate on Noodles & Company’s robust social media program including strategizing on content and writing posts
• Analyze and communicate PR campaign results
• Assist in developing content for posting on designated social media outlets
• Monitor presence and perceptions of Noodles and its competitors
• Manage agency partnerships
• Work alongside agency partners on media relations strategy and execution
• Oversee our new restaurant opening PR outreach programs
• Write for a variety of mediums including press releases, pitches, social media posts, internal talking points, website, e-club and other creative pieces
• Manage media opportunities with internal teams
• Build media lists and develop relationships with key reporters and bloggers
• Support website and e-club programs and projects
• Generate relevant, buzz-worthy and compelling ideas in brainstorming sessions with the marketing team
• Work with agencies to execute local and national media events, including: media events, deskside briefings and press junkets
• Conduct media training with executive team to prepare for interviews, including briefing documents and books as needed
• Manage media and all aspects of PR associated with trade shows and industry events
• You’re experienced – You’ve been to Meredith and Southern Progress. You’ve spent summers in New York hosting longlead editors and have logged countless hours in Town Cars briefing brand spokespeople for their next deskside briefing with business reporters
• You’re a planner – You love tight lug nuts. You’re good at managing the details and excellent with follow through.
• You’re innovative –You are on top of trends and the next best thing.
• You’re flexible – Someone who knows how to deal with multiple, often conflicting priorities and can bring calm to chaos. You have an even keel. You can deal with changing priorities and adapt on the fly.
• You’re resourceful – Someone who is proactive, not reactive. You can look at a plan and figure out what needs to be done, without being told what to do. You have the experience to know what works and what doesn’t.
• You’re a leader – Someone with great common sense, emotional maturity and an ability to get people excited. You are someone who commands respect, not demands it. You’re self-motivated and don’t need to be told what to do.
• You’re creative – We don’t want to do what everyone else does; we want to blaze a new trail. We look for someone who knows how to do a lot with a little and knows how to create a brand that people want to be a part of.
• You’re a team player – We’re in the restaurant business--all of us. We expect that when you’re in a restaurant, you’re part of the team, willing to jump in and help out any way you can. You grab a rag, bus a table, talk to customers and help out our team members on the front line.
• You’re fun – We have a fun, smart brand. We’re looking for someone with similar qualities.
• You have a four-year college degree in journalism, communications, public relations or marketing
• You have 3-6 years of experience on the agency side or client side in a similar position—Agency, restaurant or retail experience preferred
• You are an expert in public relations and media relations with a proven understanding of all areas
• You have strong relationships and connections with local, regional and national retail, restaurant and food reporters and bloggers
• You and the AP Style Book are best friends
• You are very familiar with media monitoring and media list-building systems
• You love food and the restaurant business
• You are an excellent and clear communicator
• You can write for a variety of communications channels – press releases, pitches, social media posts, website and even ad copy writing
• You are super organized and can help us get organized