Network Affiliates, Inc.
National Advertising Agency is seeking an energetic and focused Media Buyer/Planner to serve as buyer and planner for multiple accounts in markets throughout the country. The ideal candidate will have proven strong negotiation skills and all forms of media buying, with a strong emphasis on local spot television and digital media campaigns. Candidate should possess a passion to succeed and to build long-term relationships with self-confidence and self-motivation. Excellent communication skills a must.
• Develop media plans including gathering and assembling competitive data, requesting and analyzing appropriate media research, and providing rationale to support plan recommendations.
• Budgetary responsibility, planning and forecasting insofar as it pertains to media.
• Audits and approves invoices and billing for media in markets of immediate responsibility
• Communicate with media vendors regarding avail requests, insertion orders, make-goods and buy discrepancies, updating flowcharts, monthly budget reports, and other required client reporting.
• Communicate directly with clients and work collaboratively with Account Management Team to ensure a valued partnership between agency and client.
• Ensure accurate work by checking details of all data entry on media plans, buys, vendor contracts, reports, flowcharts, projects, budget documents, etc.
• Manage multiple tasks by prioritizing workload, completing and issuing projects in a timely fashion, continually following-up and communicating on project status.
• Demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills.
• Bachelors Degree required
• 3-5 years of experience in media buying and planning all forms of media
• Background and understanding of marketing and advertising principals and theories
• Great attention to detail, very organized and dependable
• Strong time management skills and ability to multi-task
• Good communication skills – both oral and written
• Able to meet deadlines
• Energetic and willing to learn
• Experience with STRATA and/or View/SMBS helpful
• Experience with Excel required
• Excellent, flexible working environment, open to schedules from 30-40 hours per week as workload permits
• Full benefits package
Send resume with salary requirements and/or salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes without salary requirements and/or salary history will not be considered. No phone calls please.