Sr Graphic Designer
mywedding.com, is a continuously growing and well-established digital media company. We are a leader in the online wedding industry providing inspiration, relevant and quality resources along with customizable tools to empower every bride to create a celebration that is uniquely hers.
mywedding is ranked among the top Advertising & Marketing companies in the Inc. 5000 fastest growing U.S. companies report for the 5th year in a row. Due to our continuous growth we are seeking a Sr. Graphic Designer to join our rapidly expanding team.
This position will play a strategic role in leading the design process and maintaining creative integrity from concept to execution, while actively designing and overseeing members of the design team. Responsibilities include:
• Lead design process, maintaining creative integrity from concept to execution
• Provide design leadership; allocate and coordinate assignments among graphic design and production team, providing direction throughout the process.
• Develop concepts and prototypes to help stakeholders envision proposed design aesthetic.
• Present creative ideas to management for assigned projects in a timely and cost efficient manner.
• Maintain most current knowledge of design trends and techniques.
• Stay abreast of current trends in the fashion industry, bridal industry and marketing.
• Design creative templates in short timeframes across various platforms to meet internal and external client needs.
• Prepare final artwork and coordinate production.
• Establish and maintain UI consistency across all applications
• Work with developers to ensure consistency between approved design and front-end execution
• Produce screen designs for developers within an iterative Scrum environment
• Support content management team to produce needed graphics.
• Manage a diverse team of designers with varying skills, roles, and experience.
• 4-7 years of graphic design experience, preferably in fashion, retail, paper goods, or bridal with a demonstrable body of work
• Photography and videography skillset highly desired. Ability to shoot as well as edit
• Expert knowledge of interface design standards and best practices
• Fluency in a wide range of UI design tools
• Strong visual graphic design skills
• Experience with web application design
• Experience with Agile methodologies including Scrum
• Experience delivering information architectures and taxonomies, style guides and component libraries
• Experience working with advertising-based revenue models strongly desired
• Experience managing direct reports and leading across departments
• Illustration ability is a strong plus