Motive—one of the newest partner agencies in the Project: WorldWide family—is growing fast, and it looks like there’s no stopping us. And as we continue to attract new, exciting business prospects, our creative needs are expanding as well. It’s time to hire another mid-level designer.
Motive’s perfect mid-level designer must possess a relentless passion for the work they create. The kind of person who doodles on every available surface; gets geeky about poster art; is always critiquing design in the world around them; and can’t help but add their two cents to every typography discussion. A minimum of five years’ professional experience should be demonstrated through an impressive expertise in InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator. But, because this is Motive, that’s just the beginning.
In addition to those more expected needs, we’re also looking for a team member who can adapt to new media—from the digital and social worlds to the experiential space—with a sense of enthusiasm, professionalism and ease.
If you’re right for this job, you’re most likely a natural leader, recognized not only for your outgoing personality, but also for the fact that you have one of those airs of confidence and cool that's hard to put a finger on. We’re looking for someone with a style that’s all their own; someone who can bring something unique to the table time and time again.
If this sounds like you, let’s make something happen.
• Get your hands dirty on kick-ass creative that includes everything from mobile app design, to dope gear illustration, to bad-ass vehicle wraps.
• Work with your fellow creative and account teams to ideate and develop design direction and concepts for projects and accounts.
• Create, foster and constantly improve client relationships and communications in an amicable, professional manner.
• Stay on the bleeding edge of new information regarding key accounts and projects.
• Take charge of various projects and see them through from start to finish.
• Take established design and run with it. (Yes, sometimes that means production.)
• Stay inspired, continue to grow your craft and push those around you to do the same.
• An absolute minimum of five years experience agency experience.
• Online portfolio of work (we want to see a website, not PDF files or Word documents).
• A knack for presenting work to clients—which includes the ability to describe, sell and defend visual concepts.
• The willingness to be comfortable in the uncomfortable, taking on new territory and achieving an always-up-to-date mastery of emerging design technologies.
• Ability to multitask projects within deadlines, as well as manage projects from start to finish.
• A passion for collaborative work with developers, designers and an account management team. • A solid understanding of print mediums and designing for them.
• The desire to join brainstorms as an active and beneficial participant is not required—but if you’re ready to jump in and help bring big ideas to life, all the better!
Please email work samples and resume to jobs [at] thinkmotive.com.