Motive—one of the newest partner agencies in the Project: WorldWide family—is growing fast, and it looks like there’s no stopping us. And as we continue to attract new, exciting business prospects, our creative needs are expanding as well. Right now, that search is focused on tracking down an awesome junior designer.
So what do we mean by “junior?” First off, 2-3 years at an agency are required. In addition to that prerequisite, here are a few things you need to have for a shot at the job. We’re looking for a solid and proven creator who’s dialed into design, art and typographic trends. Of course, a proficiency in InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator is required. Oh, and if you’re the type that simply can’t stop the ideas from flowing, that’s certainly a plus as well.
Now, onto the intangibles. In addition to superb design skills, we’re looking for someone who straight-up geeks out about design; someone who eyes the world around them and can’t help but critique what they could have improved, and respect what’s beautiful to them. We’re looking for a borderline-obsessive who’ll stare at a screen all night if it means delivering the best work possible. If that’s you, make sure to drop us a line.
• Bring your burgeoning design skills to a variety of projects across the digital, experiential and traditional arenas.
• Get your hands dirty on work ranging from vehicle wraps, to mobile app designs, to illustrative apparel designs…and beyond.
• Work with the Motive creative and account teams to ideate around, and then create, multiple projects at a time (we like multitasking pros here).
• Work as part of a team (read: family) that collaborates on nearly everything to achieve the best possible results—knowing that, at times, you may be asked to complete whole deliverables on your own.
• Be willing to take on anything, at any time, doing whatever it takes to complete amazing end results.
• Stay on the bleeding edge of design trends and information regarding key Motive accounts and projects.
• 2-3 years design experience at an agency (that means in addition to design school).
• Online portfolio of work (we want to see a website, not PDF files or Word documents).
• Exceptional communication skills and experience in presenting work to internal and external constituents.
• Solid grasp of Creative Suite and an up-to-date understanding of emerging design technologies.
• Ability to complete multiple tasks and projects within deadlines, as well as execute projects from start to finish.
• A passion for collaborative work with developers, designers and account teams.
• An ability to contribute big ideas to creative brainstorms is not required—but it is a plus.
Please email work samples and resume to jobs [at] thinkmotive.com