Art Director / Senior Designer
The art director/senior designer will collaborate with the design director, freelance designers, copywriters, and senior strategists to develop intelligent, targeted, and evocative creative.
As Art Director / Senior Designer, your primary responsibility will be to design and lead the design of extraordinary creative. You will work independently and, at times, oversee a team of designers to ensure that the highest standards of quality are met and exceeded. You will communicate professionally and expertly with clients, designers, and Mission Minded partners.
Additionally, you will contribute as a senior level graphic designer. You will have a deep and nuanced understanding of typography and the ability to make complex ideas visual and easy to understand. At Mission Minded we consider ourselves communicators and strategists first and foremost and see design as a tactic for excellent communication. Design always follows strategy, and we consider it a hallmark of our work that we don’t have an easily defined style; rather our work and style change to meet our clients’ strategic objectives.
In this capacity you will also work as a production manager. You will work directly with our print broker, review all files before they print, review printers’ proofs and attend press checks. Mission Minded has a reputation for meticulous work. You are responsible for making sure every piece is produced perfectly every time. This is a role for someone who loves details.
You should only apply if you are among the best and brightest designers around. You must be meticulous in your attention to detail, an excellent communicator, a creative designer, a strategic thinker, able to respond to critical feedback, a quick problem-solver and a warm, person with a sense of humor.
You will be expected to work from your own office, and travel within the Denver/Boulder area, as well as nationally, when required.
• Communicate with clients and manage projects, timelines, and budgets
• Oversee design teams, coaching the best possible design from all team members
• Lead design direction including developing creative briefs
• Oversee photography and illustration
Senior Graphic Designer
• Concept and brainstorm in teams
• Create innovative graphic design
• Produce documents for print and Web
• Develop printing specs and communicate with print broker to secure cost estimates
• Meticulously review other designers’ files before print, review printers proofs, and attend press checks
• College degree preferred
• 6-8 years graphic design experience and print production
• 3 years art direction experience preferred
• Branding identity design experience a plus
• Exceptionally high attention to detail
• Typographic expertise
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong team player
• Experience working with a creative organization
• Highly organized and detailed individual with a strong sense of urgency and an ability to effectively prioritize
• Extreme enthusiasm for customer service
• Must be able to work in a remote location
• Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite
• Apple Macintosh
Rod Lemaire, Design Director and Partner
No phone calls, please.
Please include cover letter, resume and link to portfolio in your email.