Mighty Fudge Studios
Mighty Fudge Studios, an unconventional and fun creative studio located in the heart of Downtown Boulder, is looking for a full-time Production Designer to join their staff. This is a mid-level position that will be dedicated to a variety of design disciplines including: packaging adaptation, collateral, advertising and websites. This position will update and maintain graphic standards manuals and style guides for our brands. Although this is not a conceptual design position, strong composition, color and typesetting is necessary with regard to layout and strategic brand initiatives. Candidate will have exceptional knowledge and experience with printing processes, substrates and structures as well as computer production speed and efficiency for setting up final mechanicals and print files. They will feel comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment and be able to self manage ones schedule with priorities and deadlines. Experience with retail clients, packaging, private label and CMS based Joomla website coding is necessary. Salary range is 42k to 48k based on experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Designs in a wide variety of styles and media (print advertising, collateral, POS, packaging, 3D, etc.)
• Exceptional print production skill and efficient speed in Adobe CS applications
• Mid-level to advanced retouch skills
• Mocking up packages and print collateral
• Adheres design to budgets and time constraints
• Meet with printers to understand print process
• Establish and maintain graphic and print standards for brands
• Executes work with attention to detail and quality
• Manage schedules and timelines
• Monitors projects through all phases of production and communicates with team members
• Works with designers, client, printers, suppliers, production artists, copywriters, project managers, illustrators, photographers etc…
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Associate Degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Minimum 4 yrs work experience
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and independently
• Ability to take direction
• Ability to efficiently interface with multiple departments and groups
• Ability to coordinate information coming from multiple departments and outside vendors/resources
• Solid understanding of printing process, photography, illustration, layout, typography, logo development, brand look and feel
• Experience with retail clients
• Experience with private label packaging
• Proactive ownership of projects and ability to work collaboratively
• Excellent problem-solver
• Organized, resourceful, flexible and detail oriented
• Excellent visual, written and oral communication skills
• Knowledge of systems and processes
• Proficiency in: Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and Joomla Programming. Knowledge of Flash and After Effects a plus.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel & Power Point.
Please send resume and 3 samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.