Markit On Demand
Our team continues to grow with our business and to meet this demand, we’re looking for people who can create compelling online, web and mobile experiences for audiences around the world - including global banks and media firms.
We’re looking for creative and experienced UX and information designers who thrive in a fast-paced, creative technology environment to work with us. We like designers who can see a story in a thousand data points and have a broad set of skills, including user research, information architecture, wireframes and pixel-perfect interactive comps. Bonus points if you have traded stocks, thought about how to improve your bank’s online experience or pulled some data out of a .CSV file to make it tell a better story.
Designers on our team need to collaborate with other designers, developers and financial analysts and work as part of a team to help our clients. You should be comfortable presenting your work professionally and be experienced articulating the details of simple solutions to complex problems. Intelligently interpreting input from your team and clients to push your work further should be second nature and working as part of a team and attention to detail are both a must.
To apply please share your online portfolio and any relevant links that best demonstrate your experience and approach to design.
• Create high quality design concepts and deliverables that consists of diagrams, workflows, wireframes and visual designs
• Collaborate proactively with development, engineering and data analyst teams
• Meet deadlines on time with designs that communicate ideas to clients
• Deliver professional client presentations
• Interpret and act on client feedback
• Expert information and experience design background
• Demonstrated effort to absorb new technology, interpret complex problems and create people driven design solutions
• Excellent attention to detail and time management skills
• Solid communication and ability to deliver and manage client presentations
• Proficiency with design software including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, CSS/HTML
• Ability to think technically and collaborate with other teams to create the best products
Why Markit On Demand?
• Competitive salary, health insurance, matched 401(k) and potential bonus
• Paid service days to volunteer in the community
• Annual gym subsidy up to $600 per year
• Annual regional bus pass (RTD’s EcoPass)
• Employee purchase program with Apple
• Reimbursement for bike safety accessories (up to 50%)
• We will pay you a $1.00 for every day that you use alternative transportation (bike, bus, carpool, run, walk, etc.)
Candidates must be authorized to work in the US. No relocation is available for this role. Candidates outside of CO must have firm relocation plans.
What We Offer
Markit on Demand, Inc. has been in business for almost 20 years. Headquartered at the base of the Rocky Mountains in Boulder, Colorado, Markit On Demand has over 400 employees that are focused on the design, development and hosting of financial web sites, reports, and tools. We deliver innovative, high quality products to help our clients and their customers visualize, manipulate and understand complex financial information. Our compelling, presentation-rich services for financial professionals and individual investors have won acclaim for our clients, many of whom rank at the top of the Gomez and Forbes awards. Our products are custom designed for each client, completely private-labeled, and fully integrated into the client’s other offerings.
Acquired by Markit in 2010, Markit On Demand has entered a promising and exciting business relationship and continues to grow and create new career opportunities for exceptional people who want to awaken their curiosity and strengthen their creative thinking and critical problem solving skills in a demanding, results oriented and client focused work environment. Markit is a leading, global financial information services company with over 2,300 employees. The company provides independent data, valuations and trade processing across all asset classes in order to enhance transparency, reduce risk and improve operational efficiency. Over 1,500 institutions use Markit’s independent services as clients - including investment banks, hedge funds, asset managers,central banks, regulators, rating agencies and insurance companies - providing round-the-clock support from offices in London, New York, Dallas, Toronto, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Singapore, Tokyo, Sydney, Calgary, Vancouver, Boulder, New Delhi, Chicago and Henley on Thames.
Markit On Demand offers a terrific working environment that creates an abundance of opportunities for motivated individuals. We possess a unique and compelling culture that is intellectually stimulating, encourages creativity and recognizes individual and team contribution. We offer a great benefits package including medical with HSA/FSA, dental, vision, 401K with Company Match, vacation and personal days, alternative transportation benefits and there really is an unlimited supply of chocolate!
Salary is based on experience. Markit On Demand is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We respectfully request no agency or recruiter inquiries or candidate submissions.