Market Creation Group
About Market Creation Group:
On a quest to 'make B2B sexy', Market Creation Group boldly serves its beloved software, telecom, manufacturing, energy and services clients with strategic marketing, demand generation and creative services. Recognized as a “Fastest Growing Private Company” by the Denver Business Journal, its services include interactive demand generation, digital marketing, inbound marketing, design and strategy with a focus on demonstrating solid ROI through comprehensive marketing programs. For more information, visit our website at www.demandmcg.com.
CORE COMPETENCIES, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Client Relationship Management
The Account Supervisor position requires the ability to manage, and begin to lead, the agency’s day-to-day relationship with key client contacts.
• Earn and keep each clients’ respect and confidence as a trusted advisor bringing value to their business through a strong commitment to success, consistent performance and the ability to develop a wide range of ideas and solutions
• Acquire in-depth knowledge of, and be conversant in, each clients’ business – their key issues, competitive situation and industry trends
• Demonstrate confidence and authority as the day-to-day voice of the agency team
• Effectively balance the dual expectations of your clients and the agency
• Anticipate potential relationship or expectation issues, advising the Account Services Director in time for the agency to act proactively
Staff and Project Leadership
The Account Supervisor position requires the ability to successfully focus the efforts of agency personnel so that projects are completed as proposed – on time, within budget and with a minimum of disruption to daily activity of client or agency.
• Outline expectations of, and communicate effectively with, agency team members
• Effectively assign, delegate, coordinate and monitor the work of agency staff members assigned to client projects
• Demonstrate an investment in, and commitment effectively with, the agency/client “team” to develop and support a positive mindset about the work, the client and the agency staff that is involved
• Establish rapport and trust with a range of staff members assigned to your account(s) – acknowledging the expectations of and on others, identifying team and project needs, remaining open to considering multiple points-of-view
• Provide a model for project leadership . . . prepared and proactive, thorough and accurate
• Encourage and demonstrate unity behind team and agency decision-making
• Effectively incorporate senior staffers from account management as well as other departments as project objectives or issues warrant
Analytic and Planning Abilities
As an Account Supervisor, you are required to employ a range of thinking and decision-making skills – “what if”, “critical” and “judicious” approaches to client issues and initiatives.
• Display marketing curiosity and a willingness to push your own thinking and the agency’s work in new directions
• Clearly establish objectives and priorities for client initiatives
• Help develop, articulate, and adhere to, agreed upon strategies
• Demonstrate an ability to develop a range of alternatives for client and agency decision-making
• Identify key elements of an issue, problem or data set and be able to highlight general opportunities and implications
• Develop and articulate initial points-of-view relative to strategic and creative alternatives
• Make decisions that reflect “layers” of thought – balancing enthusiasm, insight, caution, discretion
The Account Supervisor is essentially the lead project manager on client projects and thus must demonstrate an ability to organize workload and workflow.
• Establish clear objectives and day-to-day priorities for yourself
• Effectively plan and organize the work of you and your team – handling multiple projects efficiently, effectively and productively
• Provide effective and efficient oversight of agency resources to insure projects are delivered as promised in terms of time, budgets and results
• Identify, classify, categorize and be able to retrieve information as required by you or agency team members
• Prepare thorough, accurate and consistent work to clients reflective of the agency’s quality standards
• Be able to adapt to workload and working conditions while maintaining a positive attitude and professional demeanor
Written Communication Skills
The Account Supervisor must be able to write clearly and persuasively.
• Provide clear, thorough written direction to staff
• Deliver concise, accurate and actionable accounts of meetings and discussions
• Develop persuasive summary and recommendation documents for presentation to client and agency decision-makers
• Contribute to project and/or annual client planning documents
The Account Supervisor should be proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Prepare accurate and timely internal communication: creative briefs, statements of work, change orders, timelines and estimates
• Prepare accurate and timely external communication: conference reports, recaps, timelines, estimates and weekly status reports
• Review, approve, present and gain approval of project estimates from senior agency staff and client
• Develop and monitor project estimate vs. actual time and cost accruals to maximize opportunities for change orders and minimize write offs
• Review monthly billing for accuracy and completeness in accordance with the Monthly Forecast
• Review monthly budget recaps prior to distribution to Account Services Director and client
• Enter time on a daily basis
• Follow all standard agency policies and procedures
The following characteristics are expected of each employee within the agency, regardless of discipline:
• Bold: You are willing to present the new, the shocking and the impeccable to our clients.
• Intrepid: You’re not afraid to try new things in the name of marketing excellence.
• Energized: You are truly passionate about marketing and love working with others who share this passion.
The following characteristics are expected of each employee within account services:
• A deep understanding of MCG’s value proposition and how we can best partner with our clients to achieve their goals
• An enduring commitment to understanding your clients’ pains, challenges and goals as if they were your own, and your application of that understanding to ensure what we deliver exceeds their expectations
• A proactive mindset- thinking one or many steps ahead on any engagement to ensure things run smoothly
• An ability to lead the creative team confidently through a project with a strong command of the project brief, schedule and budget
3-5 years of account services experience in a marketing, advertising or PR firm
Experience managing website creation and development projects highly preferred
Experience marketing to B2B and/or high-tech clients preferred
send resume & cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org