Ruby on Rails Developer
Traditional and digital advertising agency, LRXD, is looking for a full-time Ruby on Rails developer. We want someone who loves being on the cutting edge of digital and can carry projects from inception to completion.
If this is you, we’re perfect for each other. We’ll aim to teach you everything we can – and then some. We want to learn from you all the latest, greatest things we haven’t tried. We have a fast-paced, laid back work environment that’s fun and exciting. You’ll be working on building the digital presence for global brands.
Chief Digital Officer
Must have the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and experience working with technical, design and editorial teams.
• 2-3 years creating dynamic web applications with Ruby on Rails
• Understanding of Ruby on Rails server environments including use of Apache, Unicorn and Passenger
• Understanding of git and Capistrano style deployment methods
• Understanding of PostgreSQL and MySQL
• Experience with Microsoft SQL a huge plus
• Understanding of test driven development methodologies (ie. rspec and capybara)
• Strong full-stack experience
• Understanding of how to integrate an API into an application
• Knowledge and demonstrated experience with cross-browser and cross-platform issues (IE, Firefox, Safari, Chrome, etc.)
• Passion for technology and a drive to learn and grow technology skill sets
• Superior knowledge of development tools, trends, technologies and resource usage and best practices
• Excellent problem solving, time management and communications skills
Skills and Abilities
• Agile methodologies and experience
• Strong communications skills: Presentation, written and listening
• Extremely well organized and works efficiently
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to work in team environment
• Ability to handle pressure and challenging situations
• Bright, energetic, collaborative, goal-driven personality
Please email a cover letter, resume and links to things you've built to email@example.com. We’ll be in touch.