Director of New Business
Leviathan is a Chicago-based design agency that creates engaging narrative content and experiences for brands and entertainers worldwide. This combines our skills in broadcast, interactive and experiential design with diverse clientele such as consumer-facing brands, TV networks, themed entertainment venues and artists. We are currently looking for an ambitious leader to fill a new senior level, full-time position with our company. You will be responsible to help build Leviathan’s market position by finding, developing, defining, negotiating and closing new business relationships. A qualified candidate will be insightful, self-directed, and bring a variety of experience from within the industry.
Overall we’re looking for someone to represent a group of hard working, extraordinarily talented group of visual artists and problem solvers.
Location in Chicago’s Fulton Market arts district.
Job will be about 20% travel.
- Work with our team of Executives to strategically promote and sell the services of Leviathan
- Interface with management to provide consistent strategic oversight to company-wide marketing efforts
- Contact database building, digital & telephonic outreach, presence at relevant marketing events, and personal one-to-one client networking
- Remain knowledgeable of industry trends and current events
- Establish strong client relationships with executive-level clients
- Ensure that all communication is rooted in meaningful, informed insight-driven strategy
- Collaborate with management, creative and technical teams to ensure cross-channel communication between client and company
- Facilitate meetings with managers and producers to review potential projects
- Ensure team has a thorough understanding of client’s business objectives and strategies
- Help direct team in developing strategic points of view and recommendations for - - RFP responses
- Confident, knowledgeable and articulate about discussing creative and technical opportunities
- Clearly communicate information from client to creative and back
- Knowledge of creative process, planning and client expectations
- Must have outstanding written, verbal and presentation capabilities
- Ability to clearly define projects from all angles - creative, audience, marketing objectives, production, strategy, budget, etc.
- Relentless energy, passion, confidence and the know-how to match an innovative agency with top-tier brands
- BA, BS, BFA or higher in advertising, marketing communications or related field
7+ years experience in marketing, sales, and new business development
- Documented history of bringing large brands together with creative agencies
- Work history with advertising agency, event/experiential company, digital agency and/or design studio a must
- Experience as a producer or project manager and familiarity with broadcast animation, film and/or live events is a huge plus
- Proficient with all standard means of presentation technology, such as Keynote or - Powerpoint, as well as general office communication tools such as Google Apps, - - Microsoft Office, Basecamp and/or MS Project, CRM software and contact databases.
Leviathan is a conceptual design company that creates engaging narrative content and experiences for brands and entertainers worldwide. The bold images we conceive appear on stages and architecture, in themed destinations and on screens of all sizes, accompanying famous faces and household names. Our teams build experiences to enthrall audiences, initiate conversations and keep the crowds coming.
Every day, Leviathan’s artists and engineers help transform the worlds of commercial advertising, live events, film, television and environments. Since launching in 2010, the studio’s collaborations have earned award recognition from Communication Arts Magazine, the Association of Independent Music, Vimeo, the AICP, The One Club, FITC and the Themed Entertainment Association.
To apply please send CV to: email@example.com