K2 (www.k2.com) is a software company, headquartered in Seattle and with offices in Denver and around the world. We are growing quickly, and we need a senior copywriter to help us with a wide range of work, including writing and editing content for the web, ads, campaigns, product brochures, whitepapers, video, and other promotional tools. This person will also be expected to help develop and rollout a content marketing program.
As part of the Corporate Marketing team, the senior copywriter will work closely with our creative, digital and product marketing teams to create and evangelize content that tells a consistent brand story, gets noticed and gets shared.
Working from our Denver office, and with occasional travel, you’ll also be asked to coordinate and collaborate with regional and field teams globally.
• Ensure our brand voice is well-crafted and consistent
• Raise awareness for the K2 brand and gain more mindshare in the industry
• Gain additional exposure for company news — including campaigns, product launches and customer wins — through additional content types
• Help build relationships and loyalty
• Establish and reinforce K2 positioning
• Define and evolve K2’s brand voice across all written materials and channels
• Write marketing copy including web, ads, campaigns, product brochures, whitepapers, video and other promotional material
• Edit internally written whitepapers and technical content for publication
• Seek and execute opportunities to tell the K2 story, through new content development and by expanding existing content into other formats, both online and offline
• Create both long-form and real-time (immediate) content, and manage distribution strategies and tactics
• Coordinate and deliver customer evidence to support the K2 brand story
• Support execution of K2’s overall communication plans
• Support planning and execution of social media and community strategies
• Coordinate with SVP Marketing and Communications Manager for overall content strategy, execution, measurement and results
• Unparalleled writing and editing skills
• Ability to communicate well with people of different disciplines and cultures
• A degree in communications, journalism, English, PR or related field
• 3-5 years of extensive experience in writing, communications or similar, preferably for a B2B technology company
• Passion for great content, brand storytelling and marketing
• Effective, fresh writing style that is customer-friendly and has delivered proven results
• Experience posting to and managing social media channels
• Ability to write in a variety of styles and formats for varying audiences
• Familiarity with SEO writing techniques (preferred)
• Quick learner, incredibly detailed, results-oriented and an affinity for technology
• Local to Denver
• Experience with content marketing programs is a plus
Other things you’ll want to know about this position
• Things move pretty fast around here
• You’ll need to roll with the punches
• We hate jargon
• We love to have fun
We’re a small Corporate Marketing team, servicing a global company, so every day offers new challenges and opportunities. We want someone who is willing to get their hands filthy-dirty, but also someone who has great ideas and is unafraid to share and pursue them.
Please email your resume to email@example.com.