At IMM, the Creative Director is responsible for developing original creative concepts and design approaches, overseeing multiple concurrent projects through execution, and managing a team of art directors and writers. The Creative Director will also contribute to development of digital strategies, driving the collaborative efforts of the project's creative, production and technology teams, and inspiring teammates on all levels to exceed expectations. We would like a Creative Director who comes from a strong background in either Art Direction or Copy Writing. Finally, the CD is responsible for owning and building the client relationship for all things related to creative.
In addition, the Creative Director will:
- Serve as the right hand creative partner to the ECD + mentor of talented creative team.
- Be the advocate of ideas with the expertise to execute.
- Be responsible of all phases of creative work from concept through execution.
- Inspire a creative team composed of designers, writers, and digital developers while simultaneously being a client partner and ally.
- Strive for continual improvement and actively promote a culture of innovation, excellence and accountability.
- Create clever user focused solutions that are on strategy, attainable and deliver results.
- Build, foster, develop and proactively deepen client relationships.
- Champion our internal brand and help define a creative culture that attracts top talent across disciplines.
- Be the voice of the IMM brand. You’ll get to help capture and share the essence of our brand as we continue to craft the story of who we are as an agency.
- Be a master communicator (written and verbal) who addresses problems/issues clearly with co-workers, supervisor, and executives.
- Have the drive and desire to identify, and then go get the clients and type of work you want to do.
- Deliver thought leadership and creative solutions that drive agency growth.
- Continually pursue creative excellence and consistency across all projects.
- Serve as the creative lead across major engagements for a fast-growing and eager creative team.
- Work closely with the ECD to craft the strategic approach, objectives and success plan of the creative team.
- Mentor, coach, nurture and motivate creative team members while encouraging professional growth.
- Provide ongoing, year-round performance management of direct reports.
- Persuasively and passionately present concepts to existing, internal and potential clients.
- Deliver work that exceeds client expectations / agency standards while enhancing the reputation of IMM.
- Drive creative brainstorm sessions and proactive forward momentum.
- Recommend and implement effective creative team policies, procedures and processes.
- Help develop IMM brand voice, agency story, presentations and case studies.
- Maintain knowledge of our industry + emerging digital/mobile/ web technologies and trends.
- Articulate and defend conceptual and directional choices, both internally and externally.
- Work collaboratively with team lead counterparts to create and present winning new business presentations.
- Leverage data & analytics to inform creative strategy and optimization.
- Define and own the digital brand voice/tone/personality across clients.
- Ensure the quality and consistency of the message and experience consumers have with our brands.
- Research freelance and potential full time candidates for future team growth.
- Lead by example.
Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years experience in a creative leadership role (at least 3+ years digital agency environment)
- Strong experience in one of the following: Writing experience or art direction in an advertising or interactive agency.
- World-class book of inventive digital work spanning brand and product.
- Experience generating new business, and developing and leading client relationships.
- Excellent persuasive communication and presentation skills at all levels of both internal and client organizations.
- Must be able to analyze and discuss ideas in a clear, rational and objective manner.
- Able to write or have art direction in a multiplicity of brand voices and tones across many categories
- A solid understanding of digital creative as well as the marketing industry at large.
- History of providing clear creative direction and timely and constructive feedback to creative teams.
- Strong ability to prioritize work and resources across engagements based on short and long-term needs.
- Proven leadership, mentoring, supervisory, and team-building skills.
Please send resume and portfolio to: