HOPE Online Learning Academy Co-Op
HOPE Online Learning Academy Co-Op is seeking a Communications Manager.
HOPE Online Learning Academy Co-Op is a public, free, non-profit K-12 charter school. HOPE offers an innovative academic model blending online and offline curriculum in a supportive, community-based classroom environment to help students succeed.
As an integral member of the HOPE team, the manager will work very closely with all departments including senior staff, and is responsible for developing and leading multiple communications efforts, as well as maintaining current internal and external outreach—including monthly newsletters.
The Communications Manager will help to develop and implement communication materials on both traditional and online media, particularly the website and on social media. Must have experience using content management systems, photo editing tools and other web publishing tools.
The ideal candidate will be a fast learner with the ability to work at a fast pace with minimal supervision. Manager must be friendly and outgoing, with the ability to listen and engage students, parents, and teachers in conversation to identify possible newsworthy stories. Fluency in written and spoken English is essential, and ability to speak and/or write Spanish is a plus. Must have a car and live in the Denver area, and be able to pass a background check. Must be available for occasional evening and weekend events.
- Draft and edit communications and marketing materials, including monthly external and internal newsletters, by line articles and additional content to aid in recruiting efforts
- Identify speaking opportunities and prepare documents and proposals for submission, as well as draft any subsequent presentations.
- Make monthly updates to the website
- Engage HOPE community through multiple social media channels
- Help ideate stories and maintain an editorial calendar for external newsletter and byline opportunities
- Coordinate with Douglas County Public Schools Communications Department, as well as outside PR and communications firm
- Attend HOPE events and photograph students and staff, as well as serve as the point of contact for all media inquiries.
- Develop strong and consistent messaging across all departments.
- Ability to adapt to changing situations
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Collaborative and cooperative spirit
- Passion for innovation and education
- Creativity is a must
- Go-getter attitude and a willingness to pitch in and help other departments when needed
- 3-5 years relevant experience in marketing, communications or journalism fields required
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or commensurate experience
In order to be considered for this position, please e-mail a cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references to email@example.com. NO PHONE CALLS.