Position: Graphic Designer
Grassroots California (GRC) is a progressive clothing company that works with like-minded individuals in the music, clothing, art and weed communities. Some of our clients include Method Man, Pretty Lights, Smokin Snowboards, Del the Funky Homosapien and High Times Magazine.
We are a fast paced company that will be celebrating 5 years in the clothing game this 4/20. We are sold in 200 stores worldwide and work with over 150 clients every year.
Grassroots Clothing is looking for a graphic designer that is proficient in AI and the Adobe Suites to handle client templates on different clothing items with a focus on custom hats. We are looking for full time, part time and freelance. You will also be working on seasonal items for the GRC line.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
• Design experience in the clothing industry with an understanding of street wear and the GRC customer. You must be able to travel around the world to trade shows and events.
• Detailed-oriented, with an expert eye for detail and consistency throughout the GRC line.
• Understanding of fundamental design principles such as Pantones color theory, typography and print design.
• Take and understand creative direction, ask questions and accept feedback from the GRC team and our clients.
• Excellent organizational, communication, presentation and time management skills.
• Ability to handle multiple projects, meet client’s tight deadlines, and deliver multiple designs for client and team to review.
• Assist the GRC Design Team in the creative exploration of all graphic apparel projects.
• Design innovative apparel graphics that are aligned with overall seasonal design direction.
• Research and identify graphic trends that are relevant to the Grassroots California customer.
• Maintain awareness of current selling information, market trends and conditions.
• Build relationships with Merchandising, Design and Sales Teams
• Shop the market, including blogs, online shops and trade shows, on a regular basis for ideas and inspiration.
• Creative thinker and ability to concept your ideas into production.
• Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop is a must.
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and work samples or a link to your online portfolio to Ryan@grassrootscalifornia.com.