GoSpotCheck is a simple way to collect, structure, and share retail intelligence for distributed ﬁeld teams. We have mobile applications for capturing data and a web application for digesting and analyzing ﬁeld intelligence. Our applications enable our clients to more effectively manage retail execution.
More importantly, GoSpotCheck is a fantastically fun place to work. If you’ve fantasized about working for a startup in which A) your opinion really matters B) your decisions impact the trajectory of the entire organization and C) there is no such thing as “red tape,” look no further. We move fast and we build really cool stuff, which is why we love coming to work. We offer competitive salaries, 100% paid benefits, and opportunities for significant career growth. Trust us... it beats the pants off of your typical enterprise work environment.
GoSpotCheck was founded in May 2011 and is a graduate of the renowned TechStars program. We are backed by some of the best early stage tech investors including 500Startups, Venture51, Doug Feirstein, Walter Winshall, Dave Carlson, and former Coca-Cola CMO Sergio Zyman. We stay very involved in the Colorado startup scene.
GoSpotCheck is seeking a Principal Engineer to join our growing team. The Principal Engineer role requires an excellent developer (first and foremost), but also a mentor and manager. Someone with a very strong technical prowess and aspirations to manage a growing development team will be a perfect for this role. The desire and ability to work in an XP/Agile development environment are an absolute must.
- Proven experience in development of ﬂexible and scalable web-based applications
- Proven experience in developing and managing a team
- Passion for technology, speciﬁcally software development
- 2+ years of experience with Ruby language and the Rails framework, be proﬁcient with the entire Ruby on Rails stack
- 3+ years of hands-on web development, demonstrating:
- Sound object oriented design skills and knowledge of application architecture patterns
- Proﬁciency with relational databases, including design and development
- Competency managing source control and automated build processes
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Android and iOS a huge plus
- Experience working in an XP/Agile environment a big plus